How to enable/disable CDR

Hello all,

How to enable/disable CDR?

please advise

thanks & regards
Winanjaya

I would also like this info.

Does this also help in populating the reporting panel ?

Are you trying to enable or disable? If you want to totally disable, remove all of the modules (usually at /usr/lib/asterisk/modules) or go to the /etc/asterisk/modules.conf and disable them using noload.

If you want to enable it or change parameters, best to start with cdr.conf. If you’re dumping to mysql, you’ll need cdr_mysql.conf.

Hope that gets you started… if you need more specific help, let us know what you’re doing.

Josh

thanks, currently I want to start cdr.

but my /etc/asterisk/cdr.conf is empty?
and I had /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf is as follow:

[global]
hostname=localhost
dbname=asteriskcdrdb
password=fpbx
user=freepbx
userfield=1
;port=3306
;sock=/tmp/mysql.sock

I checked cdr table in asteriskcdrdb and it empty…

what I missed?

please advise

thanks & regards

Hello, all.

We needed some CDR logging ASAP and our AsteriskNOW* server did not have modules for MySQL CDR logging. We would not install new packages in a running, highly requested production server, so we relied on CSV logging.

To enable it is easy. First, we edit [font=Monospace]/etc/asterisk/cdr.conf[/font] (if it does not exist, we create it) adding a [font=Monospace][csv][/font] section. We added some more configuration on it as below, but apparently the important thing is to create the section.

[csv] usegmtime=yes loguniqueid=yes loguserfield=yes accountlogs=yes

Then, we edited [font=Monospace]/etc/asterisk/modules.conf[/font] for loading the [font=Monospace]cdr_csv.so[/font] module:

; Loading cdr load => cdr_csv.so

For enabling the logging immediately without restarting Asterisk, we called [font=Monospace]asterisk -vvvr[/font] and loaded the module:

Now every call is logged in [font=Monospace]/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv[/font].

It took some time from us to get it working. This page was very helpful.

• I know, I know…