How to change the domain in the INVITE string

(Elvis) #1

Hi, I would like to change the domain in the first line of the invite for an outgoing call - eg

INVITE sip:0403778788@trunk-qld.bizphone.iinet.net.au SIP/2.0

to

INVITE sip:0403778788@bizphone.iinet.net.au SIP/2.0

I can’t work out just where settings for outgoing calls are located in the sip settings. Currently the proxy host string is what is appearing in the string.

(Elvis) #2

Replying to myself with an update. I changed to the pjsip driver.

For outgoing calls this is the sip invite that works

Authorization: Digest username=“xxxx”, realm=“bizphone.iinet.net.au”, nonce=“nonce”, uri=“sip:bizphone.iinet.net.au”,

this is the one that doesn’t

Authorization: Digest username=“xxxx”, realm=“bizphone.iinet.net.au”, nonce=“nonce”, uri=“sip:trunk-qld.bizphone.iinet.net.au”,

The only difference is that the second one is making up the uri from the “outbound proxy” setting. I have fudged that in the first example by setting the outbound proxy ip to bizphone.iinet.net.au in the hosts file.

I would prefer to not do this and this thread suggests that you can make this work with the pjsip driver.
https://community.freepbx.org/t/sip-trunk-register-string-not-using-outboundproxy-value/57306

can anyone help me with this? The server and client uri settings seem the most likely but I cannot make it work through there.

Try Setting Outbound Proxy to
sip:trunk-qld.bizphone.iinet.net.au\;lr

Edit: corrected URI for proper syntax; thanks to @v8elvis

(Elvis) #4

It worked! Thanks! It’s 1am and I can go home now!

I had seen that option in some googled threads but mistakenly assumed that the gui would add in something like that when it built the string. Should really be a checkbox. Idiot me discarding a solution without even trying it. Lucky that was only an hour ago or I would feel a right goose :slight_smile:

Googling after the result found me this

with the salient part being - " Loose routing is a parameter on the URI which instructs PJSIP to not change the request URI to that of the outbound proxy. "

(Elvis) #5

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thanks for pointing out my mistake; I have corrected the post. Glad to hear you got it working.