How to add adaptive jitter buffer to callee on inbound calls?

Hi there,

I’d like to kindly request guidance on how (or rather where) to implement a predial handler that will set an adaptive jitter buffer on the callee channel.

My extensions_custom.conf looks like this:

[callee-jitterbuffer]
exten => callee_handler,1,Noop(Entering Callee Jitter Buffer in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => n,Set(JITTERBUFFER(adaptive)=default)
exten => n,Return()

How/where do I add the predial handler in order to add the jitter buffer on the callee channel for inbound calls from other extensions or calls coming in from a trunk? I’m aware I need to invoke the predial handler using the lowercase b() option: b(callee-jitterbuffer^callee_handler^1)

I’m completely lost as how to correctly add this to the dial options for the inbound calls.

Context/Use case: Everyone’s currently using softphones (Bria) while at home. While not ideal, laptops are typically connected via WiFi. In addition some users’ ISPs are displaying momentary jitter (20-40s spells of 30-50ms jitter). Hoping the adaptive jitter buffer will partially mitigate the effects of these adverse network conditions. I’ve been able to successfully implement adaptive jitter buffer on the caller channel for outbound calls. Trunks and extensions are all PJSIP.

Thank you for your time and wisdom!

Best,
Salvador

I updated the Asterisk Dial options in the FreePBX Advanced settings to the following:
HhTtrb(callee-jitterbuffer^callee_handler^1)

In the logs I can observe the following:
[2020-04-26 15:49:58] VERBOSE[27172][C-00000045] pbx.c: Executing [[email protected]:55] Dial(“PJSIP/bttv_twilio_us-west-00000071”, “PJSIP/101/sip:[email protected]OBSCURED;transport=TLS;rinstance=e37c1c359e9fe732&PJSIP/101/sip:101-OBSCURED;transport=TLS;x-ast-orig-host=OBSCURED,15,Hhtrb(callee-jitterbuffer^callee_handler^1)Ib(func-apply-sipheaders^s^1)”) in new stack

I believe this is being passed on correctly as a dial option. Unlike the predial hooks which appear to be more verbose, this is all I can observe of the predial handler invocation.

Does this look right to the experts?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.