How i reset freepbx GUI admin password

Hi Friends,

I have forgot the FreePBX admin (GUI) interface password. So now how i reset the admin password by command. I am using Asterisk 1.8 and FreePBX 2.9.0.9.

Any one Solution…

I have forgot the FreePBX admin (GUI) interface password. So now how i reset the admin password by command. I am using Asterisk 1.8 and FreePBX 2.9.0.9.

if u run passwd-master the script allow you to change all the password including root maint wwwmeet me i hope this solves your problem

That only works for PBX-in-a-Flash.

Obviously my friend u didn’t search the forum, there’s enough of those, in fact i posted one like 2-3 days back

Well, I searched the forums and can’t find the answer for this.
My maint password doesn’t work anymore. And i need to reset it from the command line since i have root access.
I’m on FreePBX 5.211.65-7
Thanks.

1 Like

What search terms have you used that you were unable to find anything on resetting the GUI password?

The first links that comes up when you search the forums or the wiki on “forgot gui password” yields the correct answer.

You can try from ssh:

amportal admin auth_none (you can login now without credentials)

Now you can Add/Remove or edit users with passwords in the webgui.
Afterwords from ssh type

amportal admin auth_database (now the credentials are needed again to login to the webgui)

Hope this will help you with your problem.

1 Like

The easiest way is outlined in our wiki here. http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/L1/amportal+commands

Look at section amportal a u xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-

dude, this worked like a charm!

tried this and it work too.
only diff vs ‘amportal a u’ is having to go back to the cmd line to re-enable the db
thanks tho!

ur right, that works yielding the 1st result…
but i used “reset maint password” originally and it didn’t (not even the first page). hence why i asked!
we don’t all know the exact perfect words at first, which is why search is sometimes hit or miss :wink: