Hello All!! Hope everyone is well.
We are a business looking to upgrade our PBX (on premises)
I am a novice in telecommunications and am researching how implement FREEPBX at the office here.
Since I dont’ know what I’m doing I have contacted Sangoma for their options but it only left me more confused.
I would like a phone system to service 2 locations with common features such as voicemail paging and forwarding along with options to work from home and have the switchboard or soft phones from remote locations.
Digium has supplied me with a quote (i expected it would be from sangoma)
I thought Sangoma resold freepbx with business support under PBXACT . But I was left with a quote for “switchvox”
The quote also included a bunch of maintenance costs and registration codes costs.
- Here is what I expect / hoping
- I would personally buy the hardware whether it is from Sangoma or pieing an old PC together.
- I would then install FREEPBX myself ( I would register it and pay since I’m a business, (one time cost? maintenance cost not sure. )
- I would pay for business support and setup
- I would pick the phones (new / old whatever works for us, as long as they work with FREEPBX) and have these configured to the PBS box. either by myself of Sangoma.
Am I out to lunch with my expectations? I need a bit more clarity as to how “free” FreePBX is.