How do I remove ancient IP Address from Configuration?

The following grep command revealed an ancient IP address that that is no longer valid:

$ grep 198.0.44 /etc/asterisk/*.conf
/etc/asterisk/res_digium_phone_devices.conf:registration_address=198.0.44.124
/etc/asterisk/res_digium_phone_devices.conf:file_url_prefix=http://198.0.44.124/digium_phones/
/etc/asterisk/res_digium_phone_devices.conf:syslog_server=198.0.44.124
/etc/asterisk/res_digium_phone_general.conf:mdns_address=198.0.44.124

I don’t have any Digium phones, and as far as I know, everything is working. But it doesn’t seem appropriate for this IP address to appear in the configuration file. The file has a notice at the top: “Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX.”

I am running FreePBX 16.0.40.7 and Asterisk version 20.

So, how can I clean up my FreePBX configuration to remove IP address? It does not appear anywhere in my Connectivity > Firewall settings, and I have no idea where else to look.

Uninstall the digium_phones module

Thanks, James. That sounds like a good plan.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any digium module in Module Admin or Asterisk Modules. Is there another name I should look for, or another menu to check? As previously noted, I am using FreePBX 16.0.40.7.

This functionality may also be in the commercial EPM in which case it would be a bug

Thank you again, James, for your suggestions.

Since the Digium modules were removed as part of the FreePBX upgrade, I removed /etc/asterisk/res_digium_phone_devices.conf and rebooted. The system rebooted without error, so apparently this is configuration file was no longer being used. It should have been removed by the upgrade to FreePBX 16.

Problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.