Hotel Wakeup V.13.0.9

Good day,

I am very pleased to see some new code appearing under this module. It is an important feature that has been lacking for quite some time in FreePBX.

I hope you don’t mind some positive feedback. I have installed v.13.0.9 and the UI is so much better! But unfortunately I must report that things do not presently seem to work for me. Therefore, this feedback is part bug report and part feature request / suggestions:

1. Everything entered under settings does not save. There is no “submit” button. (bug)

2. Can you please default the “Operator Mode” to ‘Enabled’ as per previous versions? (req)

3. Everything I enter under the Call List is ignored and not saved. (I can set a local WUC by phone but not through the application UI). The phone-based WUC is apparently stored, but does not show up on the list. (I discovered this when I re-installed version 3.0 and it displayed the scheduled call which I had set using the phone when this version was installed). (bug)

4. The “Add” button opens a window that insists time is entered in 30 minute increments via a drop down menu. This is not granular enough. For example if I wanted to set a WUC for 02:05am, I am unable to do so from the application UI.

5. The older version 3.0 (beta) module included a feature (although very clunky) to allow repeating wake-up calls. (every day, every week). Can this feature please be included and improved in the current development?

6. To facilitate the above (5) may I suggest a need to better define the Wake Up Call Clock and Calendar in “Settings”. This is so that Wakeup Calls are not necessarily synced to the system clock. (e.g. It may be that the server is set to UTC while the user is actually in Dubai). One possible solution may be to: Regionalise the Timezone by Operator number, as each operator could be entered on a separate line in a 3 column table in the format, “Operator | UTC offset | DST”, (e.g. 500 | +4 | N) . A simpler solution might be to set a UTC offset and DST globally for now.

7. In a similar way, please can you give the option for dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy calendar format?

8. Please consider including an end date so that a WUC can be scheduled to Start on 21/01/2016 and End on 23/01/2016. Maybe this schedule could then have an option to repeat on the same days for x number of weeks. (e.g. mon-fri for 3 weeks)? (default 1 week)

9. Finally, perhaps consider putting some or all of these functions in the UAC, so that a hotel clerk can use them from a nominated “operator” extension in the UAC, without having to access the FreePBX Administration UI?

I realise that’s a lot to ask and I perfectly understand if you have other priorities. Many thanks for pressing ahead with this project which I am sure will prove to be another great contribution to the FreePBX community.

My experience testing with fully up to date 13 system and Chrome browser:

1. Submit and Reset buttons are in lower right and work fine for me. Can you confirm with different browsers?
  2. Something to keep in mind, but when this module gets overhauled, extension specific settings like this will be moved to User Management (in all likelihood).
  3. Creating and deleting a reminder call in the GUI works just fine for me. Again, can you confirm this over different browsers?
  4. The time selection is set at 30 min increments for convenience, but also accepts digit entry via the keyboard, and also works fine for me

The remaining items are all on the road map for the next major version of FreePBX which will include a native calendar framework to work with. This will allow for things such as user timezone awareness, date format preference by user, scheduling recurring events, etc. UCP integration is a also planned.

Dear Lorne,

Thanks for the feedback!

To answer your points, my system is as follows: (Fully updated through System Admin).

PBX Firmware: 6.12.65-32
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

1. & 3) The problems with no “Submit” button on the “Settings” tab, and not saving or displaying information on the “Call List” tab, happens when using both the Chrome Browser (Windows Version 48.0.2564.82 m) and MSIE 11.63.10586.0 Update 11.0.26 (KB3104002).

2. Acknowledged

3. Regarding the ability to type in a specific time, in doing so - the drop down Time menu (in 30 min increments) does not cancel and disappear. In fact it remains on screen even after the new time has been entered on the keyboard and the New Schedule Form closed.

4. That being said, the new schedule still does not appear in the Call List.

As for the remaining items, many thanks for the additional feedback. These will be great features once implemented.

Kind regards.

I realise now what is going on. The FreePBX Framework was still at 12 but the new module was designed for Framework 13. (I guess the clue is in the name - although the previous version 3.0 wasn’t exactly related to the framework). Anyway, I have now used the Module Upgrade Tool to bring the FreePBX Framework up to 13. Wow what a difference!

Mark all of the above “bugs” as solved. :smile:

The “feature” requests are still looked forward to.

Thanks again

Andy

1 Like

Now that I have this correctly loaded, I have discovered another issue.

There is a setting for the “maximum digits” dialled. The feature is not operating as expected. If (for example) I set this for 15 digits (so I can call a full international code prefixed by 00) then the system rejects any number less than 15, when I press the # Key.

I tried this for shorter numbers too. For example if I set Max Digits = 5 and enter only four digits plus the # Key, the IVR simply says “Goodbye” and hangs up immediately. But if I press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then it immediately accepts the input and continues (without pressing the # key).

This behaviour seems true for any length. The system will only accept numbers of the same exact length as specified in the “Maximum Digits” field - without the # (pound) key being pressed.

One other (minor) point.

The list of Operator numbers seems limited to a maximum of 6 entries. Can this be more - or unlimited even?

Thanks again.

Sorry to revive this - but does anyone know if any progress has been made on this? Seems like they have to be remade every night at the mo?

I am working with a school and I would like to make recurring calls every day to ring groups for the Bells to change classes. Is there any progress on this project with the recurring events?
And is it possible to change the audio file that is played

Take a look at Paging Pro.

As mentioned, that is what paging pro can do.

You can also jsut cron a call.

0 10 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"
10 10 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"
 0 12 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"
30 12 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"
20 14 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"
30 14 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "channel originate local/5197@from-internal application playback en/custom/buzzer-1_GJ9hRbVu"