Help with troubleshooting phone reboot on call when using pjsip extension

I’m working with PBXact, Asterisk version 16.3.0.
All extensions are Chan Sip and working without any issues.
Last few days im trying to set new extension to work with two phones so i had to set this extension using pjsip and change the contact from 1 to 2 to get the registration for two phones available.
Now the first phone looks like its working and registered BUT when i try to make a call out or in to that extension call go thru but after one sec the phone is rebooting itself.

I have no idea how to try and find the issue, any advise will be appreciated.
I have looked in the ssh using the asterisk -rvvvvvv but i cant see anything but the call info flowing there. is there any other place/command that can help me find the issue?

Thanks guys.

Is the phone rebooting, or is it power-failing? If you can, try plugging the phone into the wall using a local power injector or wall-wart plugged into the wall and the phone.

There is a possibility that your phone config is somehow not optimal, but we don’t have any insight into those possibilities, since you didn’t provide any logs or details.

Either way, the chances that this is caused by an Asterisk/FreePBX fault are pretty low. There’s nothing inherent in either of these that would cause a phone to reboot.

1 Like

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply!
I have tried to add the power supply and the issue still happens.
Then i converted the extension back to chansip and no issues, phone works perfectly.
So problem is pjsip related.

Can you please advise were and how can i get logs or details that can help find the issue?
Thanks

This may be phone related, in that it doesn’t want to work with PJ-SIP, but it’s an odd enough problem that it’s more likely to be something local.

We still don’t have any idea what kind of phone it is, so there’s no way for us to tell you how to look up the phone logs. You may need to try debugging on the phone or PJ-SIP/ChanSIP debug statements in the Asterisk CLI to get more information about what’s causing the problem.

Just so we’re clear - I’ve been helping out on this forum for an unreasonably long time and this is the first time I’ve ever heard of something like this.

Sorry for that Dave.
Phone is Polycom IP550 Assembly: 2345-12500-001 Rev:R (updated to the latest version in my EPM)
Bootblock: 3.0.2.0024
Updater: 5.1.1.0132

PBX version: 14.0.11
System version: 12.7.6-1904.sng7
Asterisk version: 16.3.0

I agree, i have googled for hours and i couldn’t find anyone with similar issues in non of the results.

The phone doesn’t care if it’s PJSIP, Chan_SIP, SIP-B, SophiaSIP, it just doesn’t care as long as it is SIP.

This could be related to out of date firmware. What is the actual firmware of the phone? Not the Updater/BootROM but the actual UCS software version?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.