Help with HT503 and FreePBX - Nothing should be this hard

I am new to FreePBX and running 14.0.5.25. I am trying to add access to my local landline via a Grandstream HT503 but have had no luck. Nor have I been able to find any clear guidance online. I would welcome any assistance or guidance for dialing 79 and getting the local landline and perhaps inbound call reception. Thank you in advance. Respectfully - Hank

https://community.freepbx.org/search?q=ht503

Did you check in here? There are lots of topics that start out with your or a similar lament, running through to success.

I did not but will. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

It would be a great service if you were to write a step-by-step description of what you did that worked, in case none of these articles provides a solution for you. The HT-503 can be tricky, especially since we are using it for something it arguably wasn’t designed to do.

So this didn’t work? Sangoma Documentation

1 Like

Up front I am not a telephone technician - I’m a radio technician, so PBX stuff is new to me. I have been working on this for a week, trying different online information and nothing has worked. I have created trunks, inbound and outbound routes, and even extensions. Right now I have the HT503 FXO port logging into an extension, which allows me to dial that extension number and get the landline dial-tone and dial local numbers.

I would like to dial 79 and get the outside line and have inbound calls sent to a specific extension number.

Do I create a SIP or PJSIP trunk? What peer details should be used? How should user context/details be configured? I’m sure this is simple but the pieces are spread all over online.

This document worked for me.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=33293313

then go to outbound route for this ht503 and click on dial plan and enter the ext number in the prepend section and save and apply configs

The HT503 might have its nuances to configure it but is is surely doable. There are 3 main configuration steps that are most critical for success in configuring it to provide a trunk: incoming port, unconditional forward for VoIP and username if you choose to register it. Most important thing to remember is that if you choose to go with registration, you need to choose a username that has only numbers in it.
Incoming port for FXO is 5062, 5060 belongs to the FXS. Unconditional forward to VoIP field must be carefully filled in order to have a working inbound scenario. If you need deeper instructions, let me know. HT503 works exactly like GXW410x, just with only one FXO. Not sure why it has been said that it can’t be used as a trunk, because I have been using it just like that for a long time. Then again, it might not be the easiest one to configure, but once you do you will surely enjoy it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.