Help setting up *simple PBX* ( I have a PSTN number (gizmo5accnt.)) + hardware VOIP phone

There is nothing wrong with passing information such as this.

It’s hilarious about the NDA, I have spent two years developing my business model and gave you a bunch of hints that tripped me up for months. It’s all public knowledge anyway.

If you want me to sign an NDA and assist you in setting up your network, perhaps even manage it for you that would require significant financial consideration (read $$$$)

Robert offered you a great deal on the training, if you are at all serious (and you mentioned colo, dedicated access, security infrastructure etc.) you should attend the class and meet the players.

The questions is… drum roll please… Do you have a working extension yet?

You people continue the believe that I am asking for help with the simple configuration of this PBX, and that’s not at all what the NDA is about.

The NDA is so that we can discuss these things in depth, in detail, without any concerns that you might accidentally give out information like future business plans, un-patented ideas and such. SkykingOH, no offense, but all of your hints are all things that I’ve been taught in college, your business model, as you call it, may be complete but all you give are hints. And you can’t really go into detail about it because… drum roll please… you aren’t protected. And your business model and plans ARE NOT public domain, freely available on the internet, you spent years developing and putting them into action. Now if I make a suggestion that you have not thought of yet, you are already knee deep in this market and can just “add” it to your plans and commence putting it into action, all while I’m trying to play catch-up and get started.

I already know I’m probably going to have most of my residential and small business customer on DSL connections, so that they get guaranteed, dedicated access. You aren’t telling me anything new when you say that (a)dsl connections go to a DSLAM. I know I’ll have to build or buy a server with hardware cards for G729A/B conversion, since leasing the (patented) codecs and doing it in software is too slow and expensive. I have no intention of running anything except Asterisk, not AsteriskNOW because GUI/web interfaces are for end users, and don’t belong on a server unless it’s a dedicated web server, sorry, un-needed running services are a security risk, and a possible (haywire)process to lock up the system.

So skykingOH and the rest, here’s a hint for you all, I’m not trying to design, improve or do anything else to this software, that’s what you folks do, and say that you do it well. I want to lay the wires, build the networks, connect them with VPN’s until I can put the actual wire(fiber) in the ground.

What makes AT&T THE phone company, is that they own the wires, everyone has to pay them to use the wires. If they don’t let you use their wires…

What happens to your business model when AT&T decides that they don’t want anyone else selling phone service on THEIR NETWORK, or they decide rather that they’ll take your money, but all your traffic goes through the “special loop” and your traffic has intermittent echos, glitches, aquarium sounds while their customers can “hear a pin drop”.

Your business model mentions nothing of how your going to take business away from the cell phone companies, mine does. Do you have dependable, inexpensive, suppliers, willing to build your designs or make changes to an existing design, and do it without requiring that you buy 10,000 at a time? I do.

Do you have several specific plans based on customer profile, with detailed plans on tapping that market segment? I do.

You build and sell PBX systems and require that your customers have a specific level of connection. Have you talked to AT&T to see about consolidating ALL of your POP’s, aggregating the bandwidth under a single account to get a better rate for your customers, and to have guaranteed Service Level Agreements(SLA’s) with AT&T so that you have legal recourse if the service is no good?
Have you made arrangements with AT&T or some other major player to ensure that if your server goes down, your customers don’t see more than maybe a dropped phone call?

Now, could you answer all these questions in detail, without a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect your interests? And would you do it on a public forum?

Please don’t continue to think that I need help with this software, I don’t. And please stop ridiculing my posts, I don’t need you to “manage my network” for me, I design and install networks, I’m A+ certified Network+ certified and several other certifications that I’ve let drop because I haven’t been using them since I’ve been doing other things (laying tile, fixing cars, remodeling houses) just like I let my DSL(DL license) expire because I’m not operating heavy equipment right now.
Manage my network, like I would let you.

I’m willing to (possibly) strip off the VOIP traffic and let you handle that, but really, I can do that with any provider on the market. Diamondcard will be happy to not only take my traffic, but let me put up a custom web interface so that my customers don’t even know that they’ve been handed off, and it doesn’t cost me “significant financial consideration (read $$$$)”.

I can have my programmer, and I do have a real programmer (that’s my business partners forte), college trained in FORTRAN, COBAL, C, C++, etc, and worked for years (re)programming mainframes at Dillards corporate, write the code which gets burned to the device by the manufacturer, And my customers have their own “BlackBox” with my company name all over it. I have contacts overseas who can set-up a call center for cheap live operators. Are you starting to understand the difference between a business plan and some hints dropped on the public forum.

If you can drop the attitude, and are willing to sign the NDA, I’ll still consider working with you. Otherwise we can end this thread, and good luck to all of you in your endeavours.

Peace.

templewolf, I really doubt that what you think you are going to try “is so new” that someone else didn’t think of it before. As far as NDA, I also doubt anyone is going to sign one with you.

Hmmm…

I see, so you are going from A to Z in a flash. Skipping B through Y because you have a partner who is a programmer and we are all doing this wrong because we run Apache, MySQL and PHP on our PBX.

I spent some of my extremely valuable time to try and help you with your post. But, it turns out that post was what? A deception of some sort?

Dude, you have exposed yourself. Real luck would be finding anyone willing to work with you after reading this thread.

You are still welcome to attend OTTS. I’d recommend it as you have a lot of catching up to do and some serious misconceptions to reverse.

COme ON this has to be a jole or the OP is on something

Not going to use a GUI yet comes to the GUI forum

has no clue what it takes to run a server

has no clue “how things work” SLA on a home DSL line…NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Get AT&T help you take customers from… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

get people to switch from cell to voip… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

It is funny that I just had a talk with folks about how “ditch diggers” out there foound an ISO voip server CD and Jumped up and said “I can a million bucks off this, Well just as soon as I can figure out how to install a nic in linux…and what is this SSH everyone talks about…”

This is a joke or one very SLOW person.

Bubba,
Mr. ‘It’s all been done’, Mr.'If man were meant to fly’
You have really added nothing worth hearing to the thread. Simply added your opinion, which is not worth shit, everybody has one. I hope that your negative attitude brings you exactly what you deserve in life. I’d tell you where to put it, but I’m sure many people already do that every day. Good luck finding a hat for that big head of yours.

Cosmicwombat,

You continue to read what you think into what I write, I don’t know if you are that obtuse, or if you’re playing games. Either way I have no further use in trying to communicate with you, good luck and thanks for sharing.

skykingOH,

You are the only one who has not yet weighed in with a negative comment, don’t tell me that one of you has gotten out of your feelings and has actually given what I said some consideration, thought about the possibilities. Or are you just working up a good put down? Don’t bother looking to bubba’s post for excuses why it can’t be done, he’s an idiot. Of course you can’t get an SLA on a home DSL connection. You wire the neighborhood and get the SLA on the POP which is a commercial account to your company, then you sell ALL of the service to everyone in the nighborhood. Bubba you’re an idiot, I can’t state that enough.

Well… I never… :slight_smile:

I don’t play games, I do enjoy pointing out others that do.

This is a tight community you stumbled upon templewolf and I am going to ask only one more time that you quit kicking sand in peoples faces in this here sandbox.

templewolf
There is nothing to add to this post, You are a clueless wannabe, plain and simple, we all see it, and yes There are no new ideas, for you to think so, well you know how it is.

I get paid 65.00 ~ 130.00 an hour to be an Talking A-hole ( Getting paid for my opinion, not bad if I say so myself), and I make good money with NO out of pocket expense.

I stood around for 4 hours today, ate BBQ, drank beer and watched an airshow, all at $ 65.00 an hour, just for my opinion on a project, a project which I will do nothing on (other than pocket the 260.00 bucks), they just wanted my opinion.

Who even listens to you talk?? Besides yourself.

My hats fit just fine thank you (Texas 10 gallon)

Yall sho right,

Bubba your not only an idiot, but also a liar. I don’t believe you could find anyone stupid enough to pay you for your opinion.

The rest of you, good luck with your little hater circle.

Well templework you clearly don’t have the temperament to be an entrepreneur.

As was pointed out to you this is a very small community here and I can guarantee you that Bubba is who he says he is and just as laid back. You would learn more from him about life and business that you ever picked up in college.

Speaking of college, reading must not be on the curriculum since I attended 30 years ago since you say everything I said you learned in college.

I clearly told you we offered trunking via private DSL service. The only portion the LEC provides is the local loop to the DSLAM. From there it hits my ATM VC, my backbone, my PPPoE router cluster, my fiber backbone, my perimeter security my softswitch. The poor English is to make a point, it’s all mine, designed, bought paid for and maintained with love and sweat. I am not a reseller, we are interconnected with Level 3, AT&T, and Qwest. I have interconnection agreements (far better than an SLA) with these carriers.

I gave you all of this information in my original post. The most important point I made is that FreePBX is a CPE solution. It is not carrier class infrastructure.

This is the funniest part:

Wow A+. maybe a CCNA tossed in? See here is the difference, we (the folks that have engaged you in this forum) are running carrier and enterprise networks not telling others how much we know. Geez before I retired from Motorola’s Global Telecom Solutions Group my last role was designing a 3GPP/IMS based iLEC serving 250k+ lines in Pakistan.

Dreams are good, when I was young I had lots of them. Now they are replaced with the reality of life. Great plans don’t get funded, teams that have a proven history of execution do.

You had a golden opportunity to listen and learn here and you had to get your feathers all pumped up and tell everyone you where smarter than they where. Look where that got you, alienating valuable resources.

Robert also offered you a screaming deal to attend training and meet everyone. That’s another opportunity you squandered.

So swallow your pride, eat a bite of humble pie and show a little contrition.

You might just learn something along the way.