Help required setting up Gamma trunk

Hi,

This is the information I received from Gamma UK regarding setting up the sip trunk. As Gamma use the ip address there is no need for registration.

I am unable to get any information from Gamma other than what is below. I know that they can see the connection but whenever I try to place a call, no activity is shown their end.

I am slowly pulling my hair out over this so any assistance from others more knowledgeable than me would be gratefully received.

Thanks

John
Your CPE IP Address
Channels Created

DDIs Allocated to This Endpoint

Configuration - Ports & IP
Traffic on the following ports must be forwarded through relevant routers and firewalls on the customer premises
Signalling:UDP port 5060 egress/ingress to:-
Media: All UDP ports between 6000 - 40000 egress/ingress to:-

Configuration - SIP Headers
The SIP headers originated from the CPE should be set as follows:-
Request-URI Header
The number within the Request-URI is used for routing calls and should contain the called number. The format of this number can either be UK national format (with leading zero) or full e.164 format (with leading +).

Examples
INVITE sip:[email protected] SIP/2.0

TO Header
Header must contain SIP Trunking SIP gateway address and the called number. The format of this number can either be UK national format (with leading zero) or full e.164 format (with leading +).

FROM Header
The user part of the SIP URI within the ‘From’ header must contain the Calling Line Identity of the originating device. This identity must be a number registered to the endpoint. The format of this number can either be national significant (with or without a leading zero), or in full e.164 format. The domain part of the SIP URI within the ‘From’ header can contain either the IP address of the public facing interface or a customer-defined FQDN. Gamma will not use this FQDN for any purpose

PAID Header
The format of the PAID number can either be national significant (with or without a leading zero), or in full e.164 format. If no PAID header is provided, Gamma will insert a PAID header with the default network CLI.

You could confirm the call attempt is going out from your system like this -

yum -y install tcpdump
tcpdump -i eth0 -n -s 0 port 5060 -vvv | grep -B1 "INVITE sip"

You’ll likely see the SIP INVITE going from your extension to Asterisk, you should then see the SIP INVITE going from your system to Gamma. If you don’t then your system is not attempting the call (maybe outbound route or trunk problem)

If you do see the invite, and it looks OK you could run the tcpdump command without the grep bit on the end to see the whole SIP dialog, just to confirm that Gamma are replying.

Matt

Thanks.
No, it doesn’t look like it’s getting there

The invite should use the external IP address but is using the internal. I’ve tried various ways of changing it but to no avail. Any ideas?

John