Help please: Symlink from modules failed

Can someone help me with this:

Symlink from modules failed retrieve_conf failed to sym link: /etc/asterisk/udptl.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link) This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization. Added 39 minutes ago (retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

Same error here:

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/udptl.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 1 minute ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

rm /etc/asterisk/udptl.conf

thank you very much

Still getting the error :frowning:

Remove the file like I said. Click Apply Changes. Then clear the message and it wont show up anymore.

but now udptl.conf no longer contains the required settings
udptlstart=4000
udptlend=4999
as those settings are “;” in the symlink file
/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/udptl.conf
and that file can not be edited.
udptl_custom.conf also do not contain these settings so where are they?

You added those settings manually. So you will need to add them to the custom file, at this time we simply control the file we do not have an exposed settings however.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not want to make any changes in the custom file before confirming that FreePBX doesn’t make those changes somewhere.

I followed the steps above, but in 2.11 freepbx i do not see a apply changes button. so i did an amportal restart but error comes back. What next?

Thanks,
Rob

Just make a change in extensions or trunks (anywhere really) and save. Apply changes will pop up.

Just to complete this fix, can someone confirm if “udptl_custom.conf” should be located in “/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/” or in “/etc/asterisk/”?

Thank you.

The *_custom.conf files are usually in /etc/asterisk. On the system that I am currently logged into that is where is is at.