Help! Operator hears IVR when picking up the phone

Trixbox 2.0, freePBX 2.2.0rc3
Sangoma A101
P4 3.0Ghz system, 1Gb RAM, 3ware 8006 Mirrored SATA drives

When someone calls in to the main number the call goes to a ring group with one member (ext. 8100). If no one picks up within 10 seconds it goes to a second ring group with three members, including the first two. If no one picks up within 10 seconds it goes to an IVR.

When the receptionist answers the phone on a normal ring she can hear the IVR in the background. This used to happen only once or twice a day but now it appears to happen on almost every call.

I’ve checked the asterisk CLI and there seems to be a steady stream of the following
Playing ‘ent-target-attendant’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing Read(“SIP/8100-b7638110”, “toext|then-press-pound||||”) in new stack
– Playing ‘then-press-pound’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing Read(“SIP/8100-b7669850”, “toext|then-press-pound||||”) in new stack
– User entered nothing.
– Executing GotoIf(“SIP/8100-b766f090”, “1?startread”) in new stack
– Goto (from-internal,72,8)
– Executing Playback(“SIP/8100-b766f090”, “ent-target-attendant”) in new stack
– Playing ‘ent-target-attendant’ (language ‘en’)
– User entered nothing.
asterisk1
CLI>

Anyone have any idea how I can correct this problem or what the cause might be?

No, this system has a PRI directly connected to the Sangoma so there is no need for an SPA for 911, and they have standard analog lines for their outbound fax.

We reloaded the system last night and manually reentered everything, copied over the recordings and voicemail. Everything is operating normally now. Not sure what was causing it but it has been resolved now.

Thanks for your help.

[quote=“trinicom”]
When the receptionist answers the phone on a normal ring she can hear the IVR in the background. This used to happen only once or twice a day but now it appears to happen on almost every call.

Anyone have any idea how I can correct this problem or what the cause might be?[/quote]
Are you using linksys/sipura spa3000? i had the same problem and i changed to tdm800p and i solved the problem.

trinicom,
unfortunately there is way too much there to dig through in the free time I am able to give towards helping on this forum. Maybe someone else might be able to dig in and find something in there.

However this sounds like the type of problem that requires a set of eyes to be on the system and do some troubleshooting which means paid consulting. I would be happy to provide such if you want to go that route ($150/hr) or you can keep digging in, hope someone else can lend you a hand, load from scratch, etc.

btw - as a sanity check, turn on sip debug against the phone to assure it is not somehow the phone sending that.

looks to me that her phonehas somehow been connected to the callforward feature code. Something you may have done on the phone somehow that is making it hotdial that code or something like that? That is what you see in the cli. Look towards the phone config, not freepbx - I suspect you will be more likely to find your answer.

We’ve already replaced the phone and the problem doesn’t follow the phone. Previous phone was a Polycom 501, this one is a Snom 360 with absolute zero configuration changes other than the basic identy setup.

Thanks for your help, we’ll probably just start over if we can’t get it figured out.

feel free to paste a bit more of the CLI, and maybe underneath it the same section of the log. What I can tell you is - the snapshot you have there comes from the callforward dialplan (the *72 is the give away, but you can see the instructions being executed are in fact the CF dialpan).

I agree it is some kind of call forward, I just can’t figure out where it is coming from. If it was a buggy phone that was pressing the call forward button on its own the problem could be resolved by replacing the phone and restarting asterisk, which was done. If it was a misconfigured speeddial button on a snom that could be corrected by removing the speeddial and restarting asterisk, which was done. I’ve checked ring groups, system speed dials, I’ve checked to make sure the user didn’t accidently put *72 in the ARI.

I’m at a loss at this point. I could always reload the server and reenter everything manually since a restore would just bring the problem back if it were a config problem, but I’d rather avoid doing that if possible.

I took a few minutes of logs, show channels, etc. and censored versions of the extensions* files and put them on a web server here.

Thanks for all the help you’ve given.

http//204.57.114.24/06202007.log

how is she answering the phone? do you have an analog phone connected to the same pots line? Otherwise, you probably need to supply a bit more information, what you describe shouldn’t be able to happen???

She picks up the handset on her Snom 360. There are no Analog devices, Linksys/Sipura SPA devices, or anything like that attached to the system. Nothing but a T1 line, ethernet cable and Snom phones.

Sorry, should have fully read your note.

I know it shouldn’t be able to happen but I’ve sat there and heard it myself. No one in the office is on the phone, I dial into the system with my cellphone and the main number rings, I pick up the phone myself on the first ring and hear the system reading off a menu to me. Not the system recording we use for the afterhours IVR, but a computer voice.

It only happens on extension 8100, which is the receptionist.

If I open the Asterisk CLI there is a steady stream of the following scrolling by, even at 11PM when no one is in the office.

Executing Read(“SIP/8100-b7638110”, “toext|then-press-pound||||”) in new stack
– Executing Read(“SIP/8100-b7669850”, “toext|then-press-pound||||”) in new stack
– User entered nothing.
– Executing GotoIf(“SIP/8100-b766f090”, “1?startread”) in new stack
– Goto (from-internal,*72,Cool
– Executing Playback(“SIP/8100-b766f090”, “ent-target-attendant”) in new stack
– Playing ‘ent-target-attendant’ (language ‘en’)

Something is clearly executing some kind of attendant in the background. I just don’t know how to shut it off because I can’t figure out where it is coming from.