Help needed setting up MOH refresh

Hay everyone,

I’m fairly new to Asterisk/FreePBX and have set up streaming hold music =)

All fine and dandy until… My ISP keeps refreshing the line every so often so hold music goes dead and you hear nothing. SO, obviously I tried to Google the issue first and can only find 1 guide to helping sort the issue out: (it wont let me post this as im a new user so heres the extension, add the url on to get there) /t/moh-streaming-refresh/15576

I’ve tried to look for where to put the refresh every hour script but before i go in and probably mess up my configuration please can someone guide me through the correct place the put it in the cronjob file and how to access cronjob via ssh (All I know is i might need to use nano xx/xx/xxxx to get there)

thank you everyone! =-)

Not sure what you mean here. Streaming music shouldn’t die after an hour, unless there’s a timeout on one of your routers.

The command to edit a cron job from the console (logged in as ‘root’) is “crontab -e -u asterisk”

From there, you will end up in the crontab file for asterisk in the nano editor.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.