HELP, my PBX died

I’m not sure why happened I was trying to use ASTassistant on a couple of PCs to view the status of the channels and it was working but then the phones stopped ringing.

After the first reboot the phones came back up for a little while but then the status started displaying 99% CPU usage, then it stopped working again.

Here are the errors on the status screen, it also had a warning next to Op Panel, but that went away after the second reboot:

http://leechristie.com/hotlinks/errors.png

Now none of the IP phones connect and the ZAP lines have stopped flashing incomming calls, here’s the warning that came up in the log at the same minute the phones stopped:

[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘from-did-direct’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘ext-findmefollow’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘from-pstn’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘from-pstn-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘from-internal-additional’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘from-internal-additional-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-systemrecording’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-systemrecording-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-agent-del’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-agent-del-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-agent-add’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-agent-add-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-outbound-callerid’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-outbound-callerid-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-dialout-enum’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-dialout-enum-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-user-callerid’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-user-callerid-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-dialout-dundi’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-dialout-dundi-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘macro-dialout-trunk’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘macro-dialout-trunk-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘bad-number’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘bad-number-custom’
[Aug 26 12:44:22] WARNING[2832] pbx.c: Context ‘app-blackhole’ tries to include nonexistent context ‘app-blackhole-custom’

… it goes on like that …

Any help?

to install ASTassistant and undo them. Also, you might try installing FreePBX from the tarball. Sounds like you are missing some config fles…

All I did to install ASTassistant was add allow= lines to the manager.conf with the IPs, I’ve taken those out. Other than that I didn’t change anything.

I used PBX in a Flash to install Asterisk, I don’t know how to set it up manually. Before using PBX in a Flash I tried setting up a LAMP + Asterisk + FreePBX system manually (using detailed instructions) but ran in to lots of problems along the way and nothing worked. With PBX in a Flash everything worked fine, for a week anyway.

I don’t know enough about Linux to do a manual install of anything very complex.

Is this a personal home project, or a PBX for a business?

We’re experimenting with it to replace our business phone system but we’ve just hooked up the old system right now while the Asterisk is dead. Hopefully I can get it back up again.

Can you describe the system in a bit more detail? Software versions, hardware installed, connection to the telco, number and type of phones, etc?

FreePBX 2.4.1.0, Asterisk 2.4, I think it’s all up to date. There’s a 4-channel ZAP trunk connected tot he UK PSTN. 12 Extentions (Linksys IP Phones SPA922)

I wrote a post over at the (blech) trixbox forums a while ago, if you could take the time to read it it would be helpful.

http://trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/help/we-are-not-dentists-we-are-here-help

After you read it, capture two call attempts, one inbound and one outbound, and post the results to pastebin.ca and give a link. The errors you list above are normal and don’t give us anything to work with. A call log might be more helpful.

PBX in a Flash 1.3
CentOS 5.2 Final
Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
Running Asterisk 1.4.21.2
Asterisk Source 1.4.21.2
Zaptel Source 1.4.11
Libpri Source 1.4.7
Addons Source 1.4.7
FreePBX 2.4.1.0

Here is some more detailed info, but I’m still not sure what you need. Please advise as to which outputs/logs you think would be helpful.

asterisk -vvvvvvvvvr (on attempting an internal call, got only silence, the phone didn’t ring)
sip show peers
show dialplan
zap show channels

we’re not hooked up to the external lines at the moment sorry, we switched those back to the old phone system until I can at least get internal calls working on the pbx.

---------- It’s okay I’m going to try rebuilding it from scratch ------------