Help Installing on Busybox

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how I can install freepbx on busybox. Its a synology device. I have asterisk installed already but im in desperate need of features only available in freepbx. So can anyone give me a hand in installing this on busybox? I have googled high and low and have no idea where to start. I am familiar with linux but not busybox and ash. So anything I have found has always been for full versions of debian or centos.

I have ipkg installed. But I have no idea what dependancies are needed or how to install freepbx with ipkg. I only see asterisk builds listed, or the asterisk gui.

Can anyone help me out?

Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
bmw850

Its been a while since i played with ipkg but with the help of

you should be able to find all them you need which is basically apache php mysql and bash if busybox is too restricted to run the ‘install_amp’ script, if you are using 13 then the ‘install’ script is php and the needed requirements might be quite significant,

If you can’t find them for your hardware you could always cross-compile on a more powerful machine

freepbx is likely too demanding to run the gui and successfully process calls at the same time on such hardware though. Let us know how it turns out

Well I still dont know what I need to install. Or where to get freepbx. I all I see when I go to downloads are IMG and ISO.

BTW, this isnt on an NAS device. Its on a 6 core server with 12gb ram. so plenty of power to run it.

As I said , you need to install php,apache,mysql and perhaps bash and chroot. As with all things FreePBX start by consuming the wiki contentrate on

http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1048598

choose one recipe and adapt it to you environment. Probably Debian based will be closest,

Sorry but that did me no good. chroot is not available in ipkg. I also have no clue what its needed for.

If I knew how to adapt the debian guide to my environment I wouldn’t be needing any help.

Basically, if I cant copy and paste the commands it shows I dont know what to do. and apart from wget none of the commands listed in the debian guide work. and even at that, it wont take https links so… I cant even download all the packages they have listed in the guide. Frankly, im not sure I need any of them. I mean asterisk is running soo…??

What I really need is someone who is willing to remote in and simply add the freepbx gui on to the already running asterisk. That or make a step by step guide, which would probly take longer.

All I need is offline messaging to work… and apparently that can only be done with freepbx so here I am…

Sorry but that will take a lot of work and I doubt you will get any offers here to do it for you, FreePBX is not an addon to Asterisk, it is a front end for Asterisk’s configuration, It needs Mysql and a webserver and php installed for it to do it’s stuff , until you have them up and working your efforts will be futile, there is probably a more appropriate forum to get help as to how to do that basic stuff particular to your hardware.

It already has PHP and a webserver running. The whole os is web based, and it has the asterisk GUI installed now. So I figured it wouldnt be difficult to do for someone who knows there way around linux. I just cant do it because I dont know my way around in CLI and there are no guides for busybox so…

Compiling packages etc is all above my head. if it requires more than apt-get xxxxxxx Im stuck.

Hence looking for someone willing to do it.

You need to understand that gnu/linux is an operating system, it is generally up to you what shell you choose to run in , be that an X based one like gnome, a terminal based one like bash or busybox or a “web based” one like you are initially presented with. Generally you can switch your shell at whim or create a user with a nominated shell and login as that user. ssh if properly configured will allow you to choose your shell on login, that will be a RTFM thing. So, Install bash and run it in an ssh shell maybe ? Then you will need something like these packages:-

build-essential linux-headers-uname -r openssh-server apache2 mysql-server
mysql-client bison flex php5 php5-curl php5-cli php5-mysql php-pear php5-gd curl sox
libncurses5-dev libssl-dev libmysqlclient-dev mpg123 libxml2-dev libnewt-dev sqlite3
libsqlite3-dev pkg-config automake libtool autoconf git unixodbc-dev uuid uuid-dev
libasound2-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libical-dev libneon27-dev libsrtp0-dev
libspandsp-dev sudo

You say nothing about the os of your box or it’s capabilities, or the architecture (CPU) it uses, that’s why you are better getting up to speed in a mor appropriate forum , perhaps

https://forum.synology.com/enu/

This forum assumes you have a working shell and tools necessary to do the dirty work, there are few folks here who would choose to work in any OS but a RH or Debian based linux, and fewer who would use a shell other than bash, so I suggest you get a bash shell with those working packages and then come back.