Help doorbell

Hi I have a system and I need to add a door bell.

The door bell rings in on a sip channel as 39500.

Now I need a way to control the destination dynamically. The issue is that I use queues alreay and the queue members some would not want to get the calls all the time,. Only sometimes.

So Hunt groups are out as they are vialble as members can’t take themselves in or out selectively.

Whats the best way

Any ideas, Does BLF help

The most common way to control this truly “dynamically” is through a queue.[quote=“dwsiemens, post:1, topic:42606”]
The issue is that I use queues alreay and the queue members some would not want to get the calls all the time,. Only sometimes
[/quote]

At this point, unless you can figure out how to differentiate the ones who want it and ones who don’t, you’re not going to get vary far.

You could probably set up a new queue and have people log in and out of the queue so that they get the notifications when they are logged into the queue. Other than that, I’m not sure how else you can approach this - especially since you don’t seem to be clear on who should and shouldn’t get notified.

Not really. Busy Line Facilities would only tell you if a line is busy, and you already have access to that on the phones through the queue.

How do I set a queue password. I have the sn7 and it looks like that option is removed from queue setup.

Not sure - I haven’t upgraded yet so I can’t even look. @xrobau or @jfinstrom might be able to help.

Could you assign a second extension to each of your phones, assign the second extension to a button on each of these phones, assign the secondary extensions to the doorbell ring group, then use do not disturb feature code from these button assignments to stop a ring group call.