One of our clients is experiencing echo issues while the remote party is on speaker phone.
The person on the phone with a remote speaker phone user hears their own voice in the background.
I already have a Sangoma support ticket opened for this issue but so far nothing has worked.
Here is some info on the environment:
- The environment is all SIP (no analog) and they’re using S500’s.
- Some phones are in an office with an IPsec VPN and others are simply using the Internet to register (home offices)
- This was always a problem since the PBX was configured
- Version is FreePBX 14 with Asterisk 13 (system and modules are now up to date after initial round of troubleshooting - problem persisted)
Here is what we have tried so far (not necessarily in this order):
- Power cycled phones and PBX
- Upgraded phones to latest firmware
- Upgraded system and modules to latest version
- Use G722 Wideband (used to be ulaw)
- Adjusted the all three send volume settings in EPM to a value of 4 (this equates to -2db)
- Configured EPM template to override local phone config
All of the above failed so I tried to register different phones to the clients PBX to try to get different results.
I registered two Yealinks to the system and ran some tests with them (sound quality on Yealink’s are so much better IMO):
- S500 provisioned on client PBX and Yealink provisioned on client PBX -> no echo
- Yealink provisioned on client PBX and another Yealink provisioned on client PBX -> no echo
- S500 on a different FreePBX and another S500 on the same PBX -> no echo (this is our internal FreePBX system, not the client)
I’m still waiting for Sangoma support to reply, its been 10 days since I heard from them, not sure what next step they will recommend.
Thanks in advanced to anyone who takes the time to answer.