Having trouble with a new server and T1 / PRI setup

My new server won’t bring up the PRI circuit. The alarms are yellow and incoming / outgoing calls don’t work.

Current working PBX: FreePBX 2, T1 / PRI with Digium TE110P card

New replacement server: FreePBX 14, different, same model card TE110P

I have the card jumper set to T1 (not E1) and I’ve set other settings according to the PRI provider.

National ISDN 2
Clock Source 0
Line Build Out 0db(<133 ft)
23 used channels

[[email protected] ~]# service dahdi status
Span 1: WCT1/0 “Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0” (MASTER) ESF/B8ZS YELLOW
1 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
2 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
3 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
4 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
5 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
6 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
7 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
8 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
9 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
10 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
11 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
12 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
13 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
14 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
15 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
16 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
17 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
18 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
19 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
20 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
21 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
22 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW
23 PRI Clear (In use) YELLOW

[[email protected] ~]# dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:05:00.0 wcte11xp+ e159:0001 Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Board

[[email protected] ~]# dahdi_scan
description=Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0
devicetype=Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1
location=PCI Bus 05 Slot 01
lbo=0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Connected to Asterisk 13.19.1 currently running on freepbx (pid = 22153)
freepbx*CLI> dahdi show status
Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options LBO
Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0 YELLOW 0 0 0 ESF B8ZS 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

You are pretty short on diagnostics here, from bash:-

service dahdi status

I added the results to the post. If I unplug the card, it goes RED as expected.

As you probably know already , yellow alarms originate from the far end of the link, you would have to ask it why.

I’d check with your provider on these two settings. It’s been a long time since I played with PRI, but it seems to me that the clock source should be one of your PRI channels? The other setting is the specific ISDN type - I don’t remember ever using ISDN 2…

Thanks for your input!

I specifically confirmed “ISDN 2” with the provider and I’ve tried both options (0,1) for the clock source without success.

0 is to take the clock from the network ( far end) which is correct, the output is a bit obtuse but you can from the asterisk CLI

PRI SET DEBUG (tab for options)

Thanks I didn’t know about that command and it will be super useful.

This loops forever. Seems to be waiting for a connection that never comes. Interestingly, the working old server does the exact same thing when the PRI cable is unplugged.

PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (G): T200 expired N200 times sending SABME in state 5(Awaiting establishment)
PRI Span: 1 Changing from state 5(Awaiting establishment) to 4(TEI assigned)
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 DL event: Q931_DL_EVENT_DL_RELEASE_IND(3)
PRI Span: 1 SAPI/TEI=0/0 Kick starting link
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 Changing from state 4(TEI assigned) to 5(Awaiting establishment)
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME
PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 Sending SABME

You need to coordinate with the far end, if they can’t see your “sending” then there is almost certainly a wiring error between your hardware and the interface, a 1500 dollar tbert tester would identify that in a moment

Very often you have to ask them colloquially to “fire the effer up” to get responses.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.