Having some trouble with incoming calls

Good morning all,

I have a system I am working on that has two NICs in it.

One NIC is routed through a pfSense box and is how we communicate with SIP trunks through the internet.

The other NIC is setup on a private VLAN with the ISP and is how the ISP passes inbound calls to us.

I am able to make and receive test calls over the first NIC just fine - stay on as long as you want. On the second NIC with the private VLAN, I am able to receive calls, but they hang up after exactly 32 seconds. We seem to have 2-way audio no problem.

In tracking the SIP messaging etc it appears like the PBX is offering back the public IP address back to the private ISP connection, which of course wont work, we have 5060:5061 firewalled off to only the IP addresses of the online SIP trunks.

I believe I have to create a separate transport with the correct settings but I am looking for anyones advice best way to achieve this. Some say it cannot be done in the GUI, others say yes you should be able to. But if you can, I havent figured out how.

Or if anyone feels this may not be the issue and any suggestions what to look into next.

Thanks,

Assuming no NAT between PBX and the ISP’s server, and the ISP’s server is on a private address, you shouldn’t need separate transports. In Asterisk SIP Settings, General tab, add the subnet of the second NIC to Local Networks. If the ISP’s server is on a different private subnet, also add that to Local Networks. Restart Asterisk and test. If you still have trouble, post a SIP trace of a failing incoming call.

The other NIC is setup on a private VLAN with the ISP and is how the ISP passes inbound calls to us.

Assuming no NAT between PBX and the ISP’s server, and the ISP’s server is on a private address, you shouldn’t need separate transports. In Asterisk SIP Settings, General tab, add the subnet of the second NIC to Local Networks. If the ISP’s server is on a different private subnet, also add that to Local Networks. Restart Asterisk and test. If you still have trouble, post a SIP trace of a failing incoming call.

You hit the nail right on the head. I added the other networks and all is happy with the calls. I was able to hit 5 minutes (previous record 32 seconds) without issue. I talked to Lenny the whole time, and could hear him fine. Thank you @Stewart1 !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.