HA Module - SIP Trunking

Trying (and failing) to get a return email from the sales team about purchasing some of your hardware. While I continue to wait, I thought the forum might be able to answer one of my questions.

For the HA module. When a SIP trunk is registered to one gateway, and a failure occurs, what happens to the active calls on that trunk as the secondary module takes over the IP? Do they drop? Or do they stay active, with some feature loss? Or are they not impacted at all?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

On a side note, does anyone have a sales contact that I could reach out to speed things up? We’ve been waiting business days for even an initial response.

Where did you contact sales at. All contacts are handled right away from the sales team. I can look into this if you let me know where you opened a request from.

To answer your question the calls are lost when the secondary server takes over. All calls are lost and the cutover takes 15-20 seconds before the secondary is online and now ready to process calls.

Thanks, I did it from the sangoma 1000 appliance, contact sales button. I did it again right before posting, so we will see if Monday brings a better result.

Last questions. Is it possible to have more than two servers as part of a cluster. I’m trying to determine the best way to allow calls to continue to process at two locations if the primary server is knocked out.

When in a HA cluster, when you fail to the backup, if you make programing changes before bringing the primary server back up, will the primary take the changes made on the backup automatically?

No.

Yes. PBX config, as well as CDRs, phone provisioning config, call recordings, everything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.