GUI Down and not able upgrade during/after freepbx 15 upgrade from freepbx 14

I took the full backup and then started the upgrade from FreePBX 14 to 15 and got the following error during the upgrade

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gui_link_nw_tab has a deprecated constructor in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/functions.inc.php on line 284

How to fix this. This is urgent as this is the production server.

php -v

PHP 7.4.16 (cli) (built: Mar 2 2021 10:35:17) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.4.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by ionCube Ltd.
with Xdebug v2.9.8, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by Derick Rethans

Your FreePBX ‘Distro’ does not work with PHP 7.4 , you will need to downgrade to the now nearly 6 year unsupported PHP 5.6.

any specific of doing that

not from me, I believe the FreePBX 16 distro maybe works for now.

any method you recommend

Sorry, I don’t use the “distro”

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

But 7.4 works fine for FreePBX per se, (no commercial modules and patched by @billsimon )

1 Like

It’s my production server and now it’s totally down

It won’t allow me to install php5.6

Cannot install package epel-release-7-14.noarch. It is obsoleted by installed package sangoma-release16-7-8.2003.5.el7.sangoma.x86_64

you have my commiserations, but only Sangoma support can help with the closed source stuff

Is there anyway that I can restore my previous backup which I just took before this activity started

did you try that?

nope don’t know how to do that from the cli as I can’t access the gui.

how can I rollback now

Restoring the backup also gives the error

[root@vps1534961015 Full_Backup]# fwconsole backup --restore 20220715-190024-1657926024-14.0.16.11-1449419682.tgz
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gui_link_nw_tab has a deprecated constructor in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/functions.inc.php on line 284
Stack trace:

1. Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->() /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/functions.inc.php:284
  2. Whoops\Run->handleError() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:353
  3. require_once() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:353
  4. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:11
  5. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12

fwconsole backup --history
fwconsole backup --restore . . .,

but you will need a compliant php version, catch22 yosarian :wink:

Not sure how you had a production server with unsupported php configuration.

Launch a new server with FreePBX 15 distro and restore your backup to that.

1 Like

it was a distro install and during the upgrade to Freepbx 15 it just went down like that.

we have this pbx from FreePBX hosting provider cyberlynk.net

They are the authorized freepbx hosting providers.

Your best option is to get them to do a fresh install of v15 and restore your backup to that.

Alternatively do they provide snapshots of your VM that can be restored from previously?

Are you sure you did not attempt to upgrade from FreePBX 14 to 16? I don’t know whether that may actually work, but only a 16 upgrade should be installing php 7.4.