Just wanted to say I am happy FreePBX 2.10.0 rc1 is in such great working condition out of the box. I look at these forums and think “not many people are reporting issues”… Appears the devs here doing the best they can to resolve the little issues that come up, but where are all the serious testers and issues at? Where are the problems and bugs being reported? Am I in the right forum? I must be.
Few things I see that I hope are fixed, removed or added in the final/future:
- FOP Gone. Remove it. Annoying problematic useless resource hogging feature. (maybe best to leave this an optional module for those that use it? I see it is partially removed in the last update, but after removal I still see traces of it in amportal.conf- ie: FOP Web Root Dir)
- chan_sccp-b V4.0 added and integrated like SIP is. (chan_skinny is outdated! If ANY FreePBX devs want in on chan_sccp-b project they need devs! Would be a great contribution to the community.)
- Backup and Restore needs more work with Backup and restoring stuff over ftp and other locations. (I know its being worked on and local seems to work good since the last update)
- Perhaps add an option for “Old GUI” for those that hate changes. (I like the new style personally, but some may like the left side menus.)
- Intercom & Paging has “no hang up” issue that I am sure can be resolved pretty quickly. (This worked ok before the recent updates)
I really cant think of much else that I would wish for … FreePBX is amazing.
The one and only thing that stands out from above is the chan_sccp-b integration.
If FreePBX could harness the Cisco CM alternative out of the box, that would be priceless.
Anyways, Thanks a ton Devs!
I will do my best to report issues with the new releases the best I can without being a jerk about it. I know you guys put alot of work into this and it shows. Keep it up and thank you for keeping it open and free.
Again and again - I Thank You.