Grandstream GDS3710, no video preview through FreePBX

Hello,

I have a Grandstream GDS3710 video doorbell and a GS3510 video intercom connected to FreePBX through pjsip, and when the GDS3710 calls directly the GS3510 to it’s IP there is a preview of the video on the screen before answering but through FreePBX it is not working.

I tried the solution by @danielf below but unfortunately without success:

I’m getting the added header in the logs, but I don’t know if it is because the URL of the streams seems to have changed, there’s only an RTSP stream I tried with it but without success.

I’ve seen there may be something to configure with pjsip to allow the preview video but I didn’t find exactly what to do.

I’ve tried a couple of things without success, is there any way to see what could be missing during the call to make this work?

Does someone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Hello @jra2fael,

Could you please share your dialplan?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hi,
The dialplan is set that way:

The GDS3710 has the extension 100 and the GSC screen has the extension 101.
Thanks

Hello @jra2fael,

Where is the part that you are adding the Call-Info header? You said that you read my solution.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD

I guess I misunderstood you previous question.
I already added in extensions_custom.conf the following:

[from-internal-custom]
; GDS Doorphone preview
exten => 101/100,1,Log(NOTICE,GDS3710 is calling to extension ${EXTEN})
same => n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(Call-Info,&<http://192.168.1.63>))

Is that what you meant ?

Hello @jra2fael,

I think that your url should look like this: <https://192.168.1.63:443/capture/8001>\;purpose=GDS-view
So, change your dialplan to this:

from-internal-custom]
 ; GDS Doorphone preview
 exten => 101/100,1,Log(NOTICE,GDS3710 is calling to extension ${EXTEN})
 same => n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(Call-Info,<https://192.168.1.63:443/capture/8001>\;purpose=GDS-view))

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried the dialplan you gave but unfortunately it’s not working.
Maybe the problem is with the url, as when trying it in a browser it returns:

Access Error: Site or Page Not Found

when trying to obtain /capture/8001

Not found

Thanks

Hello @jra2fael,

You do not need to see anything when you access this page directly. Probably your settings of the GDS3710 not working right. What is the other device that you are using to display the snapshots? the GS3510 is a SIP intercom without a screen to display the snapshots.

Can you elaborate more on your phone network topology?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Oops, again I did a mistake, the device I’m using is a GSC3570
The small intercom screen.
I wrote the wrong reference as I also have a GSC3510 but not working with this.

At this time I only have the GDS3710 and GSC3570 together through FreePBX, I plan to add more devices and make a ring group later, that’s why I’m trying to fix this before going into a more complex setup.
Thanks

Hello @jra2fael,

Make sure that you are setting serial hunting in the GDS3710:

I think that this device does not support the GDS3710 preview snapshots. But you can use RTSP snapshot to grab a picture during a sip call.

Here is the manual for the GSC3570:

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hello,
I’ve been in touch with Grandstream support since the last message, for them the preview snapshot should work on this device.
They asked me to send them some logs of the system and for them the problem is that:

there is no RTP traffic, the server doesn’t send RTP.

They asked me to try with a STUN server configured but no success.
Is there something that may need an adjustment (or may be misconfigured) in FreePBX?

Thanks

Hello @jra2fael,

Most of the problems in early media are that the Asterisk (not the Freepbx) does not support it well or not at all. As far as I know, the PJSIP is not supporting early media video (I am sure that @jcolp would be able to clarify more on this topic).
If you will connect the devices to another SIP proxy or even another pbx it would work well with early media video. Maybe it would be better to connect the devices to a Grandstream pbx and then connect it through a SIP trunk to the Asterisk (it it’s needed).

Your best solution in the current situation is to send the call of the GDS3710 directly to the GSC3570 and not through the Asterisk.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

PJSIP doesn’t care either way really, someone added support previously to the core to support it (as it didn’t) but that may or may not work. It’s not common usage, and would require someone to trace and understand the complete flow of media through Asterisk to investigate.

Hi,
For info,
I just tried the device on another PBX (not based on Asterisk) and the video preview works.
I tried chan_sip on freepbx too, no success.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.