Google Voice Trunks stopped working: No channel type registered for 'Motif'

Hi,

I have had Google Voice trunks working for a while now, and now I’m seeing this message on the console:

[2018-03-19 16:41:33] WARNING[9645][C-0000000f]: channel.c:6078 request_channel: No channel type registered for ‘Motif’
[2018-03-19 16:41:33] WARNING[9645][C-0000000f]: app_dial.c:2510 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘Motif’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

This results in “All circuits Busy” message when dialing out and for inbound calls, they do not connect.

We use this for our home phone, would really appreciate some help.

I looked at the following items in the FreePBX UI and all seem OK and the green “Connected” bar shows for the google voice trunk:

Google Voice Trunk appears OK
Inbound Route appears OK
Outbound route appears OK

Help please.

Ok, did moar googling… here’s what I did:

asterisk -r
module load chan_motif.so

saw these errors:
pbx*CLI> module load chan_motif.so
Unable to load module chan_motif.so
Command 'module load chan_motif.so ’ failed.
[2018-03-19 17:04:59] ERROR[7166]: config_options.c:775 aco_process_var: Could not find option suitable for category ‘ggusergmailcom’ named ‘dtmfmode’ at line 1 of /etc/asterisk/motif_custom.conf
[2018-03-19 17:04:59] ERROR[7166]: config_options.c:567 process_category: In motif.conf: Processing options for ggusergmailcom failed
[2018-03-19 17:04:59] ERROR[7166]: chan_motif.c:2752 load_module: Unable to read config file motif.conf. Module loaded but not running.

I’m having trouble getting DTMF to be recognized by the IVR on inbound calls to the trunk and because of this I put the following in the file /etc/asterisk/motif_custom.conf:
dtmfmode=rfc2833

This caused the motif module to fail to load.

Now that I removed and fixed that, GV trunks are working again… but I still cannot seem to process DTMF on inbound calls to the IVR like I used to. Has something changed?

I’m having a similar type of error to you but can’t figure out what it’s referring to:

[2018-03-26 11:53:27] ERROR[1557]: chan_motif.c:2683 custom_connection_handler: Connection ‘gvoicegmailcom’ configured on endpoint ‘gvoicegmailcom’ could not be found
[2018-03-26 11:53:27] ERROR[1557]: config_options.c:795 aco_process_var: Error parsing connection=gvoicegmailcom at line 13 of
[2018-03-26 11:53:27] ERROR[1557]: config_options.c:569 process_category: In motif.conf: Processing options for gvoicegmailcom failed
[2018-03-26 11:53:27] ERROR[1557]: chan_motif.c:2758 load_module: Unable to read config file motif.conf. Module loaded but not running.

This isn’t a valid option for motif and I’m not sure where you thought or got told to put this option in there.

Post your motif.conf file here

This is all it contains:
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate. ;
[gxxxxxgmailcom]
context=im-xxxxxgmailcom
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
connection=gxxxxxgmailcom

#include motif_custom.conf

My Google Voice accounts started to register after I reinstalled Asterisk 13 using asterisk-version-switch.

Incoming calls are working well.

The problem is that it’s not creating a trunk for outgoing calls.

Any ideas?

Update motif, IIRC it was fixed in the latest version.

Thank you so much, I installed the edge version and all is good!!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.