Going from virtual URL to real IRL space with FreePBX

Hey, I am trying to shift from a place here where we now have real staff, real office and need to make FreePBX or reconfigure it for real life!

One area is the real staff, a great lady is up front in the office so what do you suggest on tailoring the Cisco 7940/7960 phone for in real life FreePBX use now that has occurred?

(More questions may follow this thread, but it is exciting!)

Sorry, but I doubt that anyone here has the remotest idea about what your post is about. FreePBX and Cisco phones are used in “real life” everywhere already.

Anything to enhance from a more basic installed. Such that you take advantage of the modules in FreePBX that maybe get ignored, using more of them directly.

Have you added more intercom, presence, do not disturb or have call dial plan changes in your situation to share?

Specifically, which areas have you changed from a more virtual office situation to the move to a real office yourself? (Generic meaning anyone on here.)

Again, I’m sorry, I see no difference between a virtual office and a real office as far as FreePBX/Asterisk is concerned, they both work equally well in both environments.

The 7960 sucks ass as an operator phone. It doesn’t not support BLF keys to monitor other extensions.

Ok, well the phone precipitation here is with Cisco 7960 so a judgement call is hardly helpful.

Sure people use FreePBX all the time. But most places imagined are merely minimalist users, they even forget about customizing dial directories or a display logo of a phone.

Did those two already, but what I would like to hear is what to look at module wise.

Rank the top modules for real world use in FreePBX and lets talk something real here.

Is there any meat here to hear about real notions of modules people fail to recognize as useful in a real office but sometimes still need to implement?

Or is this only complain about the question session space or is this a redirect from kvetch.com or some radical board of telecom area code SIP routes amiss?

Sorry, but your posts still read incoherently to me, do you have a fully formed and rational set of question you want to ask?

Yes, your questions are odd. There are over a million commercial FreePBX systems and all the modules are well documented. I think we have a language barrier.

The 7960 is not just an opinion. The SIP software is missing key features for operator use such as BLF.

There are many third party corporate directory applications for Cisco phones, none for FreePBX directly.

The 79x0 line is also end of sale and end of life from Cisco perspective.

My 2 cents (just because I’m not English mother tongue): messages above look like they were blindly translated from a foreign language (and that translation was done using an automatic process/translator, I add, because nobody with a basic scholastic knowledge of English as 2nd language or, worst case, 1st language will be able to create sentences in that particular way). Hope for him he doesn’t came from a country like USA/UK or any other country in which English is the mother tongue.

Maybe the point is what features to flush out the use of FreePBX.

Ok, people dial and they forward. But that is hardly really pushing a limit of a phone system. What does FreePBX offer that most people miss actually doing with it and what does it take to implement?

End of life, surely you jest, that is an artificial barrier to churn the market in the IT world. On a practical basis, yes it makes replacement more difficult and software sometimes nearly impossible, but if IT were treated like a stock broker about churn, IT would be jailed for some of the stuff.

nuclearsomer:

Have you actually read the wiki yet? There are a plethora of FreePBX modules that cover almost every aspect of a PBX, explore them all, just as most of us have, there are also a plethora of deployments that go way beyond your preconception that most people just “dial and forward”, this is just incorrect and I have no idea where you got that concept.

If you have a feature that you want that is not already covered, please ask, otherwise come back after reading the wiki a few times.

I don’t think you get it, Cisco never put any features in the SIP firmware, it’s a solid speakerphone and has nice ergonomics but lacks a backlit display. There are so many better options that offer real integration with FreePBX and Asterisk.

I also don’t think you have purusued the forums. Call centers, queues, skills based routing, extension routing, find me follow me, script integration it’s all covered. The largest implementation I manage is over 800 extensions. The system is very scalable.