Ghost voicemail notifications

Running FreePBXDistro (not sure which one actually)… so:
Module Admin / Summary:
Current PBX Version: 14.0.3.2
Current System Version: 12.7.4-1712-2.sng7

Reports / Asterisk Info:
Current Asterisk Version: 13.18.5

I have an odd issue on some phones where, every time I “fwconsole reload” some phones display “21 New Voice Mails(s)”. Where the 21 is a random number. And these voicemail boxes are actually empty. Eventually this message just disappears, but comes back next time the reload occurs.

We have Yealink T46S phones in the office.

It seems to happen to users who receive their voicemails as email attachments, and have “Delete Voicemail” enabled.

I’d submit a bug report. It sounds like a database synchronization thing (files left over in the VM directory or schmmutz left over in the database). Since we’re dealing with Comedian Mail, there’s not a great way to interact with this, so some things rely on assumptions - this might be one of them.

I’m not aware of any Voicemail issues in that version of Asterisk, but since Voicemail is being handled by Asterisk, I would try to update Asterisk.

Thank you for responses. I posted bug report, but I’ll upgrade shortly.

Do you guys find it best to do “System Updates” first… wait a day or so to make sure no issues were introduced… and then do Module Updates? I’m guessing that’s the best sequence, but wanted to get the Community’s thoughts and experience.

I usually run from bash:

yum update
then
fwconsole ma upgradeall
then
fwconsole reload

Followed by a PBX reboot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.