Getting CDR working on new install

We have the following new configuration after our old server’s hard disk abruptly stopped spinning…

CentOS 6
asterisk-11.3.0-1_centos6.x86_64
asterisk-addons-11.3.0-1_centos6.x86_64
FreePBX 11.0.0rc1.2

From what I can tell the CDR data is being saved in a .csv file and should also be being saved in mysql (going by the configs) but I don’t see it being displayed when I go to Reports > CDR Reports in FreePBX. Nor do I see any warning or error messages in the logs I have found.

I am sure that it is just a configuration thing but it is not clear to me what is missing or incorrect. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Thanks, M

Just guessing but most likely if you are installing from source you maybe didn’t menuselect cdr_mysql module before compiling. If installing from RPM Check that you have cdr_mysql.so module and if not install the required RPM’s.

If that is ok then second most likely is that Asterisk cannot talk to asteriskcdrdb. Check that credentials in /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf are correct.

I have cdr_mysql.so from the asterisk-addons so that was fine and the config appeared fine. However…

The values in the cdr_mysql.conf were of the form:
dbname = asteriskcdrdb
and when I removed the spaces and changed them to be like:
dbname=asteriskcdrdb
everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the prod to check things again.

M