FTTH VOIP to freepbx?

Hello

somehow i got the internal VOIP settings of my ISP.
Also i managed to get the internal vlan bridged to my pfsense firewall…
i am getting a DHCP address on that interface and able to ping the voip address issued to the modem/router. i can also ping the gateway and dns servers.
i am not able to ping the sip server or proxy servers…i guess ICMP is blocked at other end…

now i want to use this information and apply it so that i can get the voip numbers directly connected to freepbx rather than external epabx which then routes the lines to the freepbx.

please point me in right direction.

Under Basic User Parameters, is the Password visible in plain text? If not, have you learned the SIP password some other way? Otherwise, you won’t be able to register or make calls.

Is there any info under the “Basic User Parameters” section from your Figure 2 ? That would be where your SIP username and password are stored (and probably hard to retrieve the latter via the web interface itself eg. it is a bunch of ******'s in place of the password.)

Also, the VoiP connection could be tied up by the telco in such a way that this will never work by bypassing it with direct SIP to your PBX. These FTTH PON ONUs seem to be more tightly coupled to the carriers than previous technologies, with lots of reporting capabilities that could serve as feedback to activate or deactivate gatekeeping of related services.

Oddly enough, the most “supported” method from your carrier might be to interface either an ATA with SIP to your PBX – or a standalone bare metal PBX with an FXO interface PCI card – to the POTS port on your ONU. Sloppy to go digital-analog-digital, hmm, welcome to the future!

hi

yes i have the password… the ISP send voip password along with the username through sms.

hi
yes i have the password…
and yes currently i am running digital-analog-digital with FTTH modem POTS port to standalone PBX with FXO and FXS ports and then to freepbx via ethernet.
also i have been provided with a xpon ONU…Huawei HG8240T

Just set up a pjsip trunk and see what happens. If it won’t register or calls fail, use pjsip logger to troubleshoot.

If possible, set up pfSense to avoid NAT for this path, or bypass pfSense.

Another possible gotcha is if the special DNS servers are needed to reach the proxy, but don’t resolve domains on the public internet.

Also, you likely have to disable the existing ATA, to avoid dueling registrations.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.