FREEPBX with TRIXBOX - /maint/index.php?freepbx Errors -- Please Help *** Pulling My Hair Out***

OK here we go.

I just installed a fresh copy of Trixbox without any hickups. Configured the whole system, trunks, routing, calls everything is working perfect. My problem is actually Webinterface and I need help. When I go to web brower and type

http://myservername/admin/index.php

It takes me to web interface FreePBX administration page. Major problem on page is that if I make changes I see on top in oranage Apply Configuration Changes. When I click that nothing happens and my changes are not written. I have to physically go to brower and type

http://myservername/admin/config.php?handler=reload

which actually goes and writes the value and displays a white background web page that has bucnh of data. How can I fix this? what is the problem?

In server status window it shows Asterisk, OP Panel, MySQL, Webserver etc… with their status. Webserver frequently shows Error, but if you reload the page it goes away and comes back after a little while. What is the issue there?

http://myserveripaddress/maint/index.php?freepbx when this url is loaded… I get javascript error on line 257 character 3. and says object does not support this method or property …

** I went through install log and found the followng **
Installing aastra-xml-scripts - 2.0.0-2.noarch
grep: /etc/asterisk/phpagi.conf: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.40807: line 29: [: -eq: unary operator expected
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.40807: line 40: asterisk: command not found

^Gmysqladmin: connect to server at ‘localhost’ failed
error: 'Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)‘
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ exists!
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)
Installing tb-config - 2.6.0-12.i386
mv: cannot stat /etc/asterisk/vm_email.inc.new': No such file or directory mv: cannot stat/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc.new’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /etc/sysconfig/i18n: No such file or directory
Installing tb-tftpboot - 2.6.0-1.i386

mv: cannot stat /etc/asterisk/vm_email.inc.new': No such file or directory mv: cannot stat/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc.new’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /etc/sysconfig/i18n: No such file or directory

I am a new linux user, but have extensive IT background and can follow a good advise.

Thanks in advance and look forward to your suggestions.

Unfortunately it sounds like your issues are all trixbox related, and with the changes they make and the fact that they really have very little understanding of FreePBX (kind of sad), it’s not surprising that you are seeing that. However - given plenty of people do use trixbox, could be some issue with your setup.

In any event, you’ll want to either retry their installation, try another distro (?Elastix, PIAF?) or you can try upgrading to a proper FreePBX install by using the upgrade module designed for trixbox. See the blog post one or two back from the most recent for details on that.

Unfortunately the TB folks have made changes to FreePBX and have moved away from the classic FreePBX distribution, so there might not be a whole lot of help here. Have you tried the TB forums?

If you haven’t gotten too far along in the TRIXBOX project and want to remain true to the "standard: FreePBX distro, take a look at PBX in A FLASH.

Bill/W5WAF

Ok.

This is my understanding. I am no Linux Guru. But here it goes.

I know Asterisk at its core is the actual software that has code for VoIP pbx. It is my understanding that AMP, FREEPBX and TRIXBOX are basically interfaces along with some business add-on applications that allow user/admin to manage and deploy Asterisk Systems. If what I believe is true than.

How is FreePBX different than TRIX.

One thing I found (Windows User) was veyr helpful is that TRIX ISO image actuall installed OS, Drivers etc., PHP, MYSQL etc… along with Asterix. Does FreePBX has somethign similar to that

I am getting really surprised that others are not having any issues. I have reinstalled twice with same problems.

Please help.

trixbox creates a centos iso and installs Asterisk and FreePBX, and then they have a handful of other minor things they’ve done and a bunch of spyware they put on your system that they all but hide from you. They also have a very visible history of breaking systems when upgrades from them are performed, as well as being ridden with security vulnerabilities that has left carnage across the internet.

Asterisk is an underlying very powefrul voice switching engine, you can think of it kind of like a compiler or interpreter but for voice. FreePBX is an application that effectively completely programs Asterisk, as well as providing many ‘libraries’ that Asterisk calls itself to do more complex ‘business logic’ functionality. On top of that, it provides a GUI to do most of what you need.

If you are having problems with trixbox, then try one of the other distros. Despite all of their issues, most people don’t have the trouble you are having with trixbox so there may be other factors specific to your setup that are creating problems.

will it install everything needed to run .

What version of freepbx it installs and what is your latest stable version.

with most distros once you install you can use the FreePBX Module Admin capability to update yourself to the latest. FreePBX 2.5.0 is the latest although you won’t find that native on any distros as we just released it as final yesterday. (Even though it has been rock solid for many weeks, we delayed the release for a few weeks to test and confirm 2 security issues that we wanted to be sure about before pushing them back into the past releases.)

when try to start asterisk get following error… so I checked log…show zaptel issue but

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
root@pbx:/ $ tail /var/log/asterisk/full
[Sep 20 16:14:36] VERBOSE[3853] logger.c: Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Sep 20 16:14:36] ERROR[3853] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:
1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if you need it. One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services. One option is to unload zaptel modules if you don’t need them.
3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure Zaptel.
[Sep 20 16:14:40] VERBOSE[3878] logger.c: Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Sep 20 16:14:40] ERROR[3878] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:
1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if you need it. One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services. One option is to unload zaptel modules if you don’t need them.
3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure Zaptel.
root@pbx:/ $
root@pbx:/ $

What is the easiest way of enabling pstn using sangoma PCI cards?
How do enable HUD SERVER for pstn lines on FREEPBX on RHINO?
What could be the problem if sangoma cards are failling can’t be seen when you reboot the system?

yor quick response will be highly appreciated.

casius

What the OP failed to share with everyone was he was running some type of client side software that was causing this issue.

Please do not hijack a existing thread with something else. That is what posting a new question in the forum is for. People who come here are looking for answers or to help based on the initial post and you have thrown a wrench in the middle of it.