FreePBX upgrade 13 to 14 completly disabled FreePBX

So after an attempted upgrade on a “FreePBX System 60” box there is no more PBX functionality and the upgrade on reboot didnt prompt for the kernel upgrade up on startup after reboot. (The green screen shown in the doc referenced below!)

After you login:

Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql         /mysql.sock' (111)::SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 204
Stack trace:
  1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:204
  2. die_freepbx() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:136
  3. PDOException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:133
  4. PDO->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:133
  5. FreePBX\Database->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FreePBX.class.php:69
  6. FreePBX->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:139
  7. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  8. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12
Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)::SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 204
Stack trace:
  1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:204
  2. die_freepbx() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:136
  3. PDOException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:133
  4. PDO->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:133
  5. FreePBX\Database->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FreePBX.class.php:69
  6. FreePBX->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:139
  7. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  8. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12    

Attached is the sngupdate log file but there NOT a post_sngupdate file to be seen anywhere on the box. I am getting ready to perform a fresh install unless one of the devs would like to obtain remote access to look at what went wrong first, in hopes of helping the rest of the community by giving insight into the malfunction and/or changes that might need to be made to the upgrade script for others. Since it is alpha/beta software update I understood my risks going forward with the upgrade to SNG7

I followed this upgrade doc https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+Distro+6sngupdate.tgz (19.8 KB)

Hi!

Can you please open a ticket and post the only file you have in it?

I wish I could suggest a config file to into to try to track this down but I don’t have access to my box right now so I unfortunately cannot…

If you really need to reinstall your box ASAP then the only thing I can suggest is to make a tgz of the FreePBX/Asterisk directories if that is possible… Hopefully something in there could help track down the problem.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I bought it for my business and the only reason I dont have a cheaper model is because this one fit in my rack and is nice and neat. I already use the backup function on my trunk provider to route calls when down to my cell phone so I am good for now, yes I loose some features but that is nothing to me for a time if the devs can glean some useful info before I wipe and reload. I hope I am putting the ticket in the proper place.

POST A BUG TICKET?
I have the window open and not yet sent to the issues.freepbx.org site as in a bug tracking ticket? Or should I start a support ticket?

Hi!

I used a similar failover function of my main provider when my upgrade from FreePBX 13 to 14 on my home test server encountered problems. I then switched to an ATA until my system was functional enough since I needed to make outbound calls as well and international rates are better with my VoIP provider than with my cell phone provider.

Take this with a grain of salt since I don’t work for Sangoma and don’t know what using a FreePBX System 60 entitles to as far as support is concerned but I would say a bug tracking ticket.

I could be wrong I have a feeling running beta software on your FreePBX System 60 is not covered by your support agreement…

If you are willing to wait a little until things are functional your best bet is probably to create an issue at https://issues.freepbx.org/ ASAP…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I created the issue on the issue tracker and they are looking at it.

I dont need the system up for a bit because of the backup functionality so I will give the devs a chance to look at it if they so desire before my wipe and reload.

My “System 60” did come with some support and warranty but that has been expired as I bought it more than a year ago and never needed to actually use the support. As you pointed out I dont think that it would have been appropriate to file a support/warranty request for me deciding to use BETA software to mess up my system, they put that out there and warned us that there could be issues. So I accept full responsibility for that part :smiley: If they do decide to go in there and figure out what went wrong and tinker to make it work again I will be ecstatic to say the least but again they are under no obligation to do that!

@Marbled - Thank you for your time and suggestions!!!

No problem and good luck!

Nick