FreePBX to Panasonic TDE Assistance

siptrunk
freepbx
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f702429a2c0> #<Tag:0x00007f702429a180>

(Gordon Freeman) #1

I’ve been using information found from various form topics on this site to get a connection set up between a FreePBX installation and a Panasonic TDE200. I have it half-way there – I can dial the Panasonic’s extensions from FreePBX and the calls come through perfectly with full 2-way audio. However, I don’t even know where to start to make the opposite happen from the Panasonic.

Most of my configuration was gleaned from topic 48355 on this forum titled “Combining FreePBX with Panasonic KX-NCP500”

What I’ve done so far:

FreePBX

1. Create a chan_sip trunk that references the Panasonic PBX
  2. Create an outbound route for the Panasonic PBX with the pattern 3XX – all the extensions on the panasonic are 301,302, etc
  3. Create an inbound route for the Panasonic PBX with a caller ID number of 3XX with the destination set to the FreePBX’s existing ring group that is confirmed to be functioning with a commercial SIP provider.

Panasonic

1. In the Slot section (1.1), I added a V-SIPGW16 and configured it to use the FreePBX system as a SIP Trunk with Register Ability set to disable and the “User Part” settings in the Calling Party section set to PBX-CLIP
  2. In the CO Line settings, I set this connection’s Trunk Group Number to the same number that currently routes calls to and from other Panasonic PBX units that are connected with an IP-GW4 card.

Does anyone know what settings I could use to allow the Panasonic to dial out to the FreePBX? I’ve tried fiddling with the Dialing Plan (3.1.4), the Numbering Plan (2.6.1) , and the TIE Table settings (9.1) with no success.

Thank you!

(Ricardo) #2

What exactly make opposite from Panasonic (mainly basic setting Sip Provider, Account, and Registration Ability disable), because mainly outgoing calls not causing problem.
First of all Account should set User Name, Password Authentication Password (as Registration Ability set to disable it should set any number even it could be shortness).
First tip, if SIP configuration have been well done, you can check on Virtual V-SIPGW16 card port property (without change card to OUS state) and check the related port assigned to FreePBX settings on main tab “Connection” item is in service state “INS”.
If so, should check assigning V-SIPGW port trunk group which is mapping to a CO item, good practices and right way should separate into new trunk group from other PBXs.
It can check by accessing with Panasonic maintenance tool, item 10 CO & Incoming Call -> Sub-item 1 “CO Line Setting” and scroll down until identify Card type as “V- SIPGW16” and identified the configured port to link with FreePBX .
Last item at the right side it refer to trunk group it better to use a separated trunk in order keep separated dial rules with others gateways and stop causing confusion.
First item (left side) is the assigned line number to the port of the V-SIPGW16.
If have set a new group please check and enable onto test extension COS number (by default Parameters all trunk are enable).
If so and everything are alright on test extension you can dial * 37 and the line number assigned to V-SIPGW16 FreePBX port (*37 50 assuming 50 is the CO line assigned to V-SIPGW16 port), it will heard dial tone, therefore it can dial FreePBX extensions.
Instead of dial tone, (reorder tone it listen) it means to to;
Miss-configuration, restriction, fault, or disable.
It look hard but it works, only need have acknowledge about Panasonic system.

(Gordon Freeman) #3

We get a reorder tone when dialing *37, never have opportunity to input the CO Line (which is 60 in our case).

(Ricardo) #4

Have check COS setting of test extension as options "External Call Block" SIP channel group is not checked (noted this option if refers to different type of service "Day", "Night", etc.).

Could test extension dial to others PBX units?

PD: Could be possible to send Panasonic database by message?

(Ricardo) #5

Should assume problem does not refer to a lack of sip trunk activation licenses.
Preinstalled Activation Keys DSP16 ( activate 4 IP trunks H.323 or SIP) DSP64 ( activate 16 IP trunk h323 or SIP).
If default preinstalled Activation key are using for others trunks I.E H323 GW card, virtual port of SIPGW card it will be at failed state and couldn’t change to INS state.
You could check on Activation Key button on Slot configuration screen.