Freepbx to Freepbx trunk not working

I have two Freepbxs on which two different department extensions are configured.

I want to create a trunk so that they can communicate with each other.

e.g
user1(Freepbx1) --Dials> user2(Freepbx2)

Guide required.

Use these if you want an IAX2 trunk. I like it because it’s more efficient and only requires one port.

How to set up an IAX2 trunk in FreePBX | MangoLassi

1 Like

I used these settings for SIP Trunk and it worked but the only issue which I am facing is the callerID even I used the Intra-Company route type. I get this as callerid but I want it to work like as one user calls to another user with same extensions as callerid

PBX157:
Outgoing:
username=system157
fromuser=system157
secret=test@925
type=peer
qualify=yes
port=5090
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=172.16.10.20
disallow=all
allow=ulaw, alaw
context=from-internal

Incoming:
secret=test@925
type=peer
qualify=yes
port=5090
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=172.16.10.20
disallow=all
allow=ulaw, alaw
context=from-internal

PBX20

Outgoing
username=system20
fromuser=system20
secret=test@925
type=peer
qualify=yes
port=5090
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=172.16.10.157
disallow=all
allow=ulaw, alaw
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no

Incoming:
secret=test@925
type=peer
qualify=yes
port=5090
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=172.16.10.157
disallow=all
allow=ulaw, alaw
context=from-internal

Why dont you read the article comtech just posted?

Try adding
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=yes

If no luck, use sip debug to see whether caller ID is being sent in Remote-Party-ID header and if so, why it is not being accepted at the remote end.

You have no password security at all on the tie trunk. Your secret will not be used. For insecure=invite to useful, at most one end must have it set. Generally providers do not enable an equivalent setting, making Asterisk the one end.

You shouldn’t be using chan_sip for new designs.

You don’t need incoming and outgoing sections, and if you have them, in it unspecified which will actually be used for incoming. insecure=invite is to work round a problem that you don’t have.

If you do have separate incoming and outgoing, you shouldn’t have one allowing direct media (or at least leaving it at default), and the other disallowing it.

You don’t need insecure=port.

If otherwise correctly configured, you should not need to override nat=.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.