Freepbx owned by Schmooze com?

I also have to add that normally the President and Senior members of the team don’t get involved in these types of inflammatory philosophical diatribes.

Two things are in play here (especially those watching from the cheap seats).

1 - There is a certain level of sensitivity among the team regarding the community perception of the recent Schmooze acquisition of the FreePBX trade dress and other assets. By all means the continued acceptance of Schmooze, and their intention is critical for the long term success of the project. I have and will continue to go on record vouching for the credibility of every member of the Schmooze team and I wish that I it was possibly to share everything that goes on internally however it should be obvious, to even the most casual of observer that Schmooze places the success of FreePBX ahead of Schmooze’s own success and fosters that culture in every aspect of their organization.

2 - Mustardman is not a newbie or a flamer. He has been a consistent supporter and well regarded community member. It is important that his concerns be discussed and addressed in an open forum so other community members can judge the responses within their own personal contexts.

OK, I’ll bite.

Interesting thread, to misquote the bard, “The Slings and Arrows of outrageousness” as perceived by both the “penny seats” and the “bully pulpit” . . .

To quote another outsider, “Can we all just get along?”