Freepbx new "languages" module

I’ve don’t understood what is Languages module and what it can do.
I need, in fact, a simply way to change the default english language with italian language (I’ve just copied new italian sounds in respective directories :

• /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/it
  • /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/dictate/it
  • /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/it
  • /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/it
  • /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/phonetic/it
    but I don’t know how enable its).

In the past version of TB I’ve simply added a :
“Language=it” parameter in the sip.conf file but on the current version of Trixbox if I attempt to edit the sip.conf file this message is writed in the header of the file :
"; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui"

I think that the web gui is FreePBX but I don’t know how accomplish this task.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
Ing. Cosimo MERCURO
Mercuro for Business

If you want your entire system to default to the “it” language files, you can put that in sip_general_custom.conf, that file is not messed with (at least not by FreePBX).

Sorry but I can’t find sip_general_custom.conf in /etc/asterisk dir.
Where is the file?
Thanks in advance.

how old is your FreePBX version? Later versions of FreePBX (probably 2.4 and 2.5) should be creating that file (though it will be blank). If trixbox did something to break this, I would not know. As long as you see that file is being included in sip.conf, then it is safe to create it if it is not there.

On the 2.4.0 version of Freepbx the file is not present than I’ve created it with the only statement : “Language=it” and all seem to works fine.
On a successive version of Trixbox 2.6.2.1 (but I don’t know wich version of FreePBX is) there is the sip_general_custom.conf file even if it is blank.
Thanks id advance.
Cosimo