Been doing some research and just want to get some input regarding a FreePBX setup for a 16 room hotel. Right now, we have a Comdial system and over the years, before purchasing the place, wires have been run, and re-run, and left behind so in an effort to clean up all of the crawl spaces and what not, the phone system immediately comes to mind. Ideally, I’d like to scrap the whole Comdial system in favor of a wireless solution so I have been looking into FreePBX as an option. I’ve got solid WIFI setup throughout the place and have plenty of remote server resources that I can use to deploy a VM with the PBX software. My question to those of you whom are well versed, do you you think this is a viable solution? From what I have read, seems like this would be perfect. Anyways, just to recap:
- Scrap old wired, digital Comdial system
- Deploy remote VM with FreePBX server
- Purchase some inexpensive WIFI SIP phones and provision 1 per room with room # as extension (ie, 101, 102…)
- The room phones will only be able to dial internal extensions, primarily 0 just to get to the front office
- The primary office phone will be the ONLY phone to have multiple lines, internal and external, as it will also connect to the primary public facing numbers
Anyways, thank you in advance!