FreePBX Distro x64 (stable) - kickstart.freepbxdistro.org down?

Been trying to install the following version of the distro: FreePBX-2.210.62-2-x86_64-Full-1355434939 (passed an MD5 check)

As of two days ago (and probably now) this was the latest stable version of the x64 FreePBX distro with CentOS 6.2.

We’re attempting to install it on a Vmware ESX 5 server, which supports CentOS 6 as evidenced by the option to select it as a guest OS. The VM has internet access, and has a static IP, gateway, and name server specified (and later confirmed to be working just fine, ping confirms it can reach the internet and resolve hostnames).

During the first boot, regardless of selecting Asterisk 1.8, or 10 - or Raid, No Raid, or Advanced installation options, we encounter the exact same error each and every time:

“Some firstboot error occurred, and the system is not properly setup. Check to see if you have internet access and re-run /etc/pbx-first-boot.sh – Press ctrl-alt-f1 to continue”

We jumped to another virtual console using the CTRL-ALT-F1 and confirmed the box has internet access and can resolve hostnames. A coworker of mine believes it’s because kickstart.freepbxdistro.org is down and not responding to ping. The URL resolves to a generic Apache page, which I believe is the core of the problem.

Is there an ETA for this fix?

No our servers do not respond to pings and the kickstarts are not longer located on a server but on the ISO itself.

What does the install logs show in /var/log/pbx/install

[…]
++ (( 2 <= 2 ))
++ echo 'ERROR: /etc/pbx_first_boot.sh:103 '
ERROR: /etc/pbx_first_boot.sh:103
++ (( 0 >= 3 ))
++ echo -e ‘Some firstboot error occured, and the system is not properly setup.\nCheck to see if you have internet access and re-run /etc/pbx-first-boot.sh\nPress ctrl-alt-f1 to continue’
++ exit 1

Make any sense to you? :slight_smile:

FWIW, I’m getting the same error.

I’m using FreePBX-2.210.62-2-i386 version.

The install distro/disc worked fine on a D2700MUD Intel Atom board.

Fails on a Supermicro X7SLA-H (Atom 330) board and on a generic Gigabyte G41M-ES2L with the same error.

I verified I could ping the outside world.

One install booted and I could hit a web page but it was the Apache page.

Mooo, my bad.

Had 30mins so I re-installed. I am using the Manual TCP/IP config option. At Name Server I read it as ‘name of the server’ and not ‘domain name server’.

I put my local DNS in and on reboot it passed the Testing Internet option and seems to be installing fine now.

Are the hostnames you’re resolving on your local network? If so they should resolve. If not, try an outside name like google.com/msn.com/whatever.

1 Like

Funny - I did the opposite. I was using local DNS, but now specified an external DNS (google’s 8.8.8.8) – and it passed the point where it normally failed.

Just tried with 3.211.63-2x86_64

Problem is - instead of failing immediately, it goes much further - almost completing the installation, then going up in flames.

Testing for internet access
Cleaning up logging configuration
Please wait while we install FreePBX GUI
This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes
… Enabling Asterisk Modules
… Loading all FreePBX modules
Some firstboot error occurred, and the system is not properly setup.
Check to see if you have internet access and re-run /etc/pbx-first-boot.sh
Press ctrl-alt-f1 to continue

I can access the web interface after installation - and it asks to configure the admin account. The moment I log in with said account I get this:

FATAL ERROR

SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS UNSIGNED) [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.users’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS UNSIGNED)

Looks like MySQL may have crapped itself during install.

Did a new installation with 2.210.62-2 with the google DNS server and it installed fine.

This was a bug in FreePBX 2.11. Please try a new install with the same ISO. It should work now

Just confirmed that it indeed works now.

This is the fourth time the download distribution and the same error
Some firstboot error occured, and the system is not properly setup.
Check to see if you have internet access and re-run /etc/pbx_first_boot.sh
Press ctrl+alt+f1 to continue
Distibutiv FreePBX-4.211.64-6-x86_64-Full-1376493079.iso
installed on 2 differents PC today - the same error.

Tell me what else can be done to install FreePBX? Although yesterday installed on another computer without problems.
Thanks.