FreePBX Daylight Savings Issue

I am Central Time Zone and all systems I checked are at the latest of the various flavors (FreePBX 16.0.33 and PBXact 12.7.8-2302-1.sng7).

Pretty sure this isn’t handled by the sysadmin module but just in case it is it’s at 16.0.31.1.

Well, I did a little testing and yup this is 100% a FreePBX issue. System time is in DST, running any php code via CLI or Apache (web) PHP confirms that it is in the right time zone and that it is fully in DST. Only running through FreePBX’s framework/GUI show everything still as standard time instead of DST.

As far as I can tell it’s only a visual bug at this point. Asterisk has the correct time passed to CDRs, Time Conditions, Voicemail, etc. The system and PHP are both correct where ever else they are used, it’s JUST the display at the top of the FreePBX GUI on the system admin Time Zone page, or on the Time Conditions / Time Groups page.

1 Like

Oh this is good to know.

Yeah, it’s almost like someone pointed this out already in here.

Yes, this is GUI only impacting but it’s not really an issue that should be happening.

Oh yeah I understand, but per my original post both PHP and the system timezone are set to America/Toronto and everywhere else is displaying EDT, including other applications like FOP2 have no issues. If you create a .php file to output the current time and nothing else, load it, it’ll be correct.

Actually whats interesting is I checked the UCP, in the user settings page it shows an example of the “current” time and it’s off by an hour, but when new calls come through or you look at your call history in the UCP it timestamps things correctly. Same with Sangoma Connect / Sangoma Phone, all the timestamps are correct.

So I’m curious what the front-end code looks like in freepbx to pull the current time that’s causing the display issue.

Well there are some date/time things that are handled in JS/Jquery. How much of that is client based vs node.js based, not a 100%.

I examined this last night too and came to the same conclusion you are coming to. It’s probably a bug in the JS being used to display system time. Well, it’s not wrong - it IS displaying the correct time in EST!

Adding to this thread as well, since I have users that are using the UCP to look at voicemails. They noticed the time was off. And sure enough, just like everyone else, the system time is correct, UCP is showing the incorrect time.

I’m in Central, so have chosen America/Chicago. Confirmed that is the setting in PHP Timezone in Advanced Settings.

PBXAct 16.0.33

Chris

Can confirm this is UI bug only.

• PBX Version: 16.0.33
  • PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2208-2.sng7
  • Asterisk Version: 16.28.0

Thankfully Asterisk is managing all of our time conditions exactly as it should, with proper timezones and daylight savings time settings.

Really had me worried when I first noticed it this morning!

has anyone reported this issue on the issue tracker?

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-24071

2 Likes

Since we use the commercial Sys Admin module in our office FreePBX install, I also put in a support ticket with Sangoma (Ticket 00982952). It was set to Status: Escalated yesterday. Aside from 3 panicked customers on Sunday worried about their time conditions not functioning properly, we’ve only had a few calls about UCP times being off and someone who said a Voicemail envelope time was off by an hour but I wasn’t able to find or replicate it, so shrug

Just to chime in this has been like this for A LONG time in FreePBX. I am not sure if the issue is that the code was never changed in accordance with the change in dates that expanded DST in the US or what, but it’s pretty annoying. On FPBX 15.0.24 and UCP 15.0.69.7, UTC will display call log time stamps and voicemail time stamps correctly, but choosing your correct timezone as of March 16, 2023 in the UCP settings for a logged in user, yields timestamps that are an hour off. Users have to select the “wrong” timezone as a workaround to see the correct timestamps. Everything else, operating system-wise including system CDR’s are fine from what I can confirm.

Via [FREEPBX-24071] FreePBX sysadmin Time zone and server time shows not matching - Sangoma Issue Tracker , the issue can be resolved by upgrading to the edge version of Framework and UCP.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge framework

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge ucp

[fixed hyphens - mod]

1 Like

I can confirm that the edge upgrade has resolved the issue on my 16 test system. I was seeing the the time off in call history widget in UCP as well as System Admin → Timezone prior to the upgrade.

Any fix for this one? :slight_smile:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall —edge framework
No repos specified, using: [standard,unsupported,extended] from last GUI settings
Downloading module '—edge'
The following error(s) occured:
- Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

There should be two hyphens -- preceding the word edge, i.e.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge framework

Yes. Sorry. I thought I typed two hyphens and even thought it looked weird. Apologies and thank you, @lgaetz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.