FreePBX Daylight Savings Issue

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-24071

2 Likes

Since we use the commercial Sys Admin module in our office FreePBX install, I also put in a support ticket with Sangoma (Ticket 00982952). It was set to Status: Escalated yesterday. Aside from 3 panicked customers on Sunday worried about their time conditions not functioning properly, we’ve only had a few calls about UCP times being off and someone who said a Voicemail envelope time was off by an hour but I wasn’t able to find or replicate it, so shrug

Just to chime in this has been like this for A LONG time in FreePBX. I am not sure if the issue is that the code was never changed in accordance with the change in dates that expanded DST in the US or what, but it’s pretty annoying. On FPBX 15.0.24 and UCP 15.0.69.7, UTC will display call log time stamps and voicemail time stamps correctly, but choosing your correct timezone as of March 16, 2023 in the UCP settings for a logged in user, yields timestamps that are an hour off. Users have to select the “wrong” timezone as a workaround to see the correct timestamps. Everything else, operating system-wise including system CDR’s are fine from what I can confirm.

Via [FREEPBX-24071] FreePBX sysadmin Time zone and server time shows not matching - Sangoma Issue Tracker , the issue can be resolved by upgrading to the edge version of Framework and UCP.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge framework

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge ucp

[fixed hyphens - mod]

1 Like

I can confirm that the edge upgrade has resolved the issue on my 16 test system. I was seeing the the time off in call history widget in UCP as well as System Admin → Timezone prior to the upgrade.

Any fix for this one? :slight_smile:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall —edge framework
No repos specified, using: [standard,unsupported,extended] from last GUI settings
Downloading module '—edge'
The following error(s) occured:
- Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

There should be two hyphens -- preceding the word edge, i.e.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --edge framework

Yes. Sorry. I thought I typed two hyphens and even thought it looked weird. Apologies and thank you, @lgaetz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.