FreePBX change alert-info header for SIP phones, calls. / paging

I am suggesting only that it should work when you discover the header that the Avaya phone you are using responds to and put it in the header, just like you where told by Tony, go ask nortel/avaya , oops nortel died didn’t they?

Yeah, :slight_smile: Thanks! Wow your so quick haha.
I added it and tested it but it still gives me the same results,

mysql> SELECT * from paging_autoanswer;
±----------±----------±------------------------------------------------+
| useragent | var | setting |
| default | CALLINFO | Call-Info: ;answer-after=0 |
| default | ALERTINFO | Alert-Info: Ring Answer |
| default | SIPURI | intercom=true |
| Mitel | CALLINFO | Call-Info: sip:broadworks.net;answer-after=0 |
| Panasonic | ALERTINFO | Alert-Info: Intercom |
| Polycom | ALERTINFO | Alert-Info: info=Auto Answer |
| Digium | ALERTINFO | Alert-Info: ring-answer |
| Avaya | ALERTINFO | Alert-Info: Info=autoanswer |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

So im going to try some different things. :slight_smile: Thanks! Oh and this is the new debug if that makes any changes. :smiley:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8768473/

Oh and I want to update the table information now, saying Auto Answer instead of autoanswer. Is this a correct looking sql query?

mysql> UPDATE paging_autoanswer
-> SET Alert-Info: Info=Auto Answer
-> WHERE VALUE = AVAYA
->

Please let me know

It didn’t check for Avaya in the UA, did you restart astererisk/reload FreePBX? it should be in your new macro-autodial context when it takes, and no your mysql query is way off you need proper quoting on columns and values to be safe, there are plenty of tutorials out there but

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/

is a good place to start

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8768634/ this is my paging after reloading, still no success. :slight_smile: sorry forgot to reload asterisk did and tried again, :wink: hah.

Edit:
Can you give me an example please? I’m trying to get this done :wink: I got the value Avaya right? :o I am trying to learn most of it by doing it but i’m just doing this for a hobby :slight_smile:

I think I will just leave you as a hobbyist with the old adage “this solution will be left to the candidate as an exercise” you won’t learn anything is someone else does it for you, discover what the phone needs and send that string to it, it will either work or not :wink:

mysql> update paging_autoanswer set setting=Alert-Info: Info=Auto Answer where useragent = Avaya;
ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column ‘Avaya’ in ‘where clause’

Is what I have right now? :frowning:

Okay I got it working now thanks,

update paging_autoanswer set setting=‘Alert-Info: Info=Auto Answer’ where useragent = ‘Avaya’;

However, do I really have to reload each time to test something? Or can I just keep on changing mysql values? And try recalling? please let me know!

FreePBX is the engine that writes all the *.conf files that asterisk uses, it rewrites those files every time you press the red button and then reloads all of asterisk.
Asterisk however just reloads and acts on whatever is in those files when and how you ask it to.

Read between those two lines for possible timesavers.

But isn’t asterisk using a database? meaning it would read that out each and everytime I put something new in it would use that, :wink: Since Im doing it by console?

BTW, I called Avaya and asked them if they knew the correct alert-info. They advised me to call back during normal office operational hours. :slight_smile: i will try that to find out the correct alert-info monday. I tried a few things now but none is succesfull so far… Avaya was very helpful though even though not being able to provide me an answer.

I should talk to a backbone engineer he said :stuck_out_tongue: so we’ll see! Thanks for giving me a way to update the alert-info headers even so though!

Yes it uses sqlite3, but not for it’s dialplan at least not for the way you have it set up, there are a few more lines you need to read between the ones you have read so far.

Thanks! :slight_smile: So i can reload from the CLI that would be enough right? :slight_smile:

that is properly answered in your unread as yet lines.

So far I’ve been struggling and I still don’t know what to do. :slight_smile: My paging doesn’t work yet and I called Avaya but they don’t really know what to do with me… So They are not very helpfull on this either.

https://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php is the URI for the Avaya support forums. You no longer need to be a customer (and have a valid support contract) to use them, so you might get the information you need by registering there and posting a question along the lines of “I have several Avaya IP Phone 1140E handsets that I would like to get working with Asterisk. The only help I need is the SIP headers so that I can use them for under-chin paging. Does anyone know the SIP Alert-Info: headers to make these phones auto answer for paging?”

Once someone that actually uses these phones tells you the information (which shouldn’t be proprietary, I’d think) you can put it in the database and move on to the next wrinkle. Until you know the alert-info entry for your phone, you’re never going to get this going.