FreePBX Can't communicate with Asterisk

Hello all!
I am trying to fix up my FreePBX installation after an asterisk upgrade to 18.5.0.

FreePBX alerted me to a problem that it can’t communicate with asterisk.

Jumped to the command line and ran fwconsole restart.

[root@pbx ~]# fwconsole restart -vvv
Asterisk not currently running
Running FreePBX shutdown...

Running Asterisk pre from Core module
Running Asterisk pre from Iotserver module
SmartOffice Server is not running
Running Asterisk pre from Ucp module
UCP Node Server is not running
Running Asterisk pre from Xmpp module
Chat Server is not running

Wanrouter: No valid Sangoma Hardware found, if you have no Sangoma cards this is OK
Stopping DAHDi for Digium Cards
DAHDi Stopped

In Self_Helper.class.php line 212:

[Exception (404)]
  Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Pms'A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install pms 2) fwconsole ma enable
  pms

Exception trace:
 () at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:212
 FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
 FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
 FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() at /var/www/html/admin/modules/oracle_connector/Oracle_connector.class.php:22
 FreePBX\modules\Oracle_connector->__construct() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:124
 FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
 FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Console/Stop.class.php:208
 FreePBX\Console\Command\Stop->execute() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Console/Restart.class.php:32
 FreePBX\Console\Command\Restart->execute() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php:255
 Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:960
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:255
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:148
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:163

restart [-i|--immediate] [--] [<args>]...

The banner had me attempt to install pms which fails due to asterisk being unreachable.

[root@pbx ~]# fwconsole ma install pms
Detected Missing Dependency of: restapps 14.0.22.12
Found local Dependency of: restapps 15.0.19.45
Detected Missing Dependency of: endpoint 15.0.25
Found local Dependency of: endpoint 15.0.39.80
Installing Missing Dependency of: endpoint 15.0.25
Checking database tables...Done
Migrating tables as required...Done
Checking Settings and Defaults...Done

In php-asmanager.php line 248:

Asterisk is not connected

moduleadmin [-f|--force] [-d|--debug] [--edge] [--ignorecache] [--stable] [--color] [--skipchown] [-e|--autoenable] [--skipdisabled] [--snapshot SNAPSHOT] [--format FORMAT] [-R|--repo REPO] [-t|--tag TAG] [--skipbreakingcheck] [--sendemail] [--onlystdout] [--] [<args>]...

running asterisk -r shows that it is running.

[root@pbx ~]# asterisk version
Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl.  Use 'asterisk -r' to connect.
[root@pbx ~]# asterisk -r
Asterisk 18.5.0, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2021, Sangoma Technologies Corporation and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <[email protected]>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 18.5.0 currently running on pbx (pid = 13098)

Any tips on where to look / how to go about fixing this disconnect?

Just got the same thing last night, though not after changing asterisk versions (tried fwconsole restart when apply config didn’t work). The only way I could get asterisk to actually start again was to reboot the pbx.

Even after removing the PMS module it still says it cant start asterisk because PMS isnt installed. Running the commands it recommends doesn’t work even when asterisk is running.

I updated the support on the EPM module to try to update phone apps which is needed to update property management but I can’t update phone apps.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.