FreePBX Can Not Connect to Asterisk

I am having the same exact problem and need help.

I’m running Sangoma Linux release 7.4.1712 (Core).

All was working great and I had a few working GV numbers on my system. I went to add another GV number to the system today, and the FreePBX UI crashed. Red notification says “Cannot Connect to Asterisk”.

Upon review of some logs, I see that the Asterisk manager is not running (netstat -an | grep 5038 (produces no output).

Looked in /tmp and the disk is filling up with core dumps (asterisk safe).

issuing fwconsole r results in:
[root@pbx tmp]# fwconsole r
Reloading FreePBX
Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
exit: 1
Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

What can I do?

@tm1000 Can you recommend some things to check? Logs, mysql, configs, etc? Hoping with your help, we can see what’s happening here. Thanks in advance.

Removed the offending config in /etc/asterisk/xmpp.conf

Apparently, the FreePBX UI does not add @gmail.com when you enter just the gmail username. This seems to upset things.

a possible bug?

This definately has to be a bug. i just downloaded a fresh install of the latest release and installed as a VM to test freePBX. updated to the latest version via the admin/update. my installation was activated. but as soon as i click on google voice and enter any information in and click apply its FUBAR.

Bug or not. There is no support for Google voice in the distro as this time. The Google voice module does not work at all and has been removed from our mirror servers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.