Freepbx and Fidelio PMS

Hello Everyone,

I have a FreePBX 15 and i want to integrate with Fidelio Opera PMS.
I heard about FIAS protocol the it’s ip/tcp based. Is there anyone who has implemented this setup to info/ guide me?

Kind Regards,
Konstantinos

Any luck with this? :grimacing:

I don’t normally shill for our corporate overlords, but Sangoma sells a PMS just like this one that’s already integrated with FreePBX. If you have questions about FreePBX working with Fidelio, go ahead and ask them, but you’re recreating the wheel. Chances are you are going to end up writing a lot of custom code to get everything to work as an integrated suite.

1 Like

I’m very afraid that seems to be the only way to write lot of custom code to get everything work :tired_face: . Since We got the Fidelio i have to integrate with the fpbx

Thanks for reply

Start easy and work your way out. Get one thing working at a time and refine your installation in a step-wise progression. As you run into questions, ask.

Note that you may want to integrate at the Asterisk level and not worry about the FreePBX side. Managing the phones from your PMS is probably going to be the real challenge - I know that @danardf did the integration of the Sangoma PMS, so he might be able to help you out with specific questions.

Sorry that your news isn’t going to be better - it’s going to be a long road.

Well unless there is some third party middleware, I’m not sure how FreePBX is going to do this. I had to use third party software to do this myself. Even then because it was Asterisk, I had to write all the integration for Asterisk. They had nothing premade for it unlike other commercial systems.

Not to mention a lot of older systems hotels have are using serial ports to connect to their old PBX systems so there are more out there with serial connections vs. Ethernet connections. I generally have to get a Ether<>Serial converter to install.

I’m in the process of doing something way simpler (connecting a vtiger CRM to FreePBX) and it’s taking all of my experience and knowledge to do that. You’re undertaking something at least twice as hard.

The only advantage you have is an active community on the FreePBX side. There is also the possibility that you just can’t here from there, so explore all of your options.

Hey @BlazeStudios can you provide more info about the 3rd party software?
The only think that i can imagine is to create an middleman FIAS for fidelio and AMI or whatever for Freepbx/Asterisk.

I use DuVoice for this.

Hello @paperakis,

I wrote a program that integrates another Asterisk based system (Mirta PBX) to a PMS system.
Basically, you need to open a socket to the PMS server and start listening to the events it is sending to you. With another script you are sending commands to the socket (the FIAS protocol), and then on the other hand, you are waiting for the PMS approval. You need to work very closely with the company that provides you the support for your PMS system, because you do not need to use all the FIAS protocol with the Freepbx.

We implemented for example only six actions (with dialing a feature code from the phone in the room):

1. Cleaning room on
  2. Cleaning room off
  3. Room Vacancy - Available
  4. Room Vacancy - Occupied

Then, we added 2 more actions:

1. Local outbound call cost (an event upon hangup)
  2. International call cost (an event upon hangup)

Keep in mind, that this service only sends the commands to the PMS socket. It does not update the PMS system database. You need to verify with the company that provides you the support for your PMS system, that you are sending them the correct syntax for database updating.

I hope that you will be able to continue from here more easily. It is more complicated to integrate a PMS system with the Freepbx, but it is possible.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hi
Sorry I was on vacation :slight_smile:

There’s a module for PMS which already exists (Oracle Connetor) but it’s still on beta test right now. (Not available in commercial module for public yet).
With covid restrictions, this step is a bit delayed.
Anyway, it’s on going.

Yes, this protocol is based on TCP/IP transport, but anyway, to use it, you need to get a certification Oracle.

Dear Franck,

Is it possible to get it as beta also? :slight_smile:

@paperakis Hi

the beta testers are limited at 2 or 3 customers
I think there’s one or two customers today.
To become beta tester, you have to reach out your sale team.

Implemented FIAS once in another context, that protocol is a load of c*** from the 90s, you will have to do your own addressing (no tcp/ip packets know where the are coming from and going) amongst other things. Fidelio sold out to Micros which sold out to Oracle, whether that means anything good in terms of interoperability remains to be seen.

With the new version, there’s a encrypted authentication, without this key, unable to connect.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.