FreePBX and Cisco 7921G

Running freepbx 2.10.1 on Asterisk 1.8.12.0 having chan-sccp-b-3.0.5-1.1 installed.

Am looking for leads on how to make this work, tftp server setup, SEPmac.xml.cnf in tftp, phone on network, sees server but does nothing with it all

searches lead to dead pages on nerdvitties and some on piaf, read all docs on chan-sccp b does not quite get me where i want to go to, anyone who can shine light will earn my gratitude

You did not mention what is OS or how you installed it. Need that to assist you.

freepbx distro so:
Linux version 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51))

You need to install and configure. A FTP server n your OS.

and tftpmanager as well while SEP(mac).cnf.xml is in /tftpboot

the SEP(mac).cnf.xml is standard and it has the server address.
the phone is on the network and tried to load but comes back with not in service.

Chan_sccp is currently not supported by FreePBX so I am not sure what to tell you.

Is the phone configured in sccp.CONF?

You can turn on verbosity on the FTP server and see what files it is looking for.

supported way to be able to use wifi phones (not dect) on freepbx? whether it is the phones in question, of which i have 10 or others with less problems?

I know that Spectralink makes a Wifi SIP phone. It’s not cheap but it does support inter-cell roaming if you have a wireless controller type environment.

Cisco discontinued the Linksys wireless IP phones. They never worked well anyway.

With most smart phones supporting wifi now I am finding most clients simply install a softphone on their smartphones.

For a low end managed wireless I have had very good luck with the Engenius stuff. Supports multiple SSID’s and VLAN’s.

Am looking at the Spectralink, but yeah £ 350 + VAT is a lot of money fo a trial :stuck_out_tongue:
also looking at the Unidata WPU 7800, which according to specs does what we need it to do and is cheap and cheerfull (can you say that for £ 115.00 + VAT ?)

soft clients may be a problem as most users are BlackBerry users, very little available on that (working that is) and not so sure about the ones on Android yet, but would take advice on that too :slight_smile: