FreePBX Administration

Hello all. I trust that I am posting this message in the appropriate section. I have spent the last few hours installing different PBX flavors. Trixbox, Asterisk, Elastix, and FreePBX of course.

I am experiencing something strange with FreePBX in particular. Immediately following the install I attempt to access the Admin GUI via web browser from another PC located on my local network. eg. 192.168.2.x

Initially I am presented with the Admin GUI. I click on FreePBX Administration. I am taken to the general setup screen where I go on to click Module Admin. At this point I am not taken any further and the browser times out. At this point bringing the Admin interface is out of the question. Trying to do so simply brings up a “Problem loading page” browser error message. The only way that I can access the GUI again is by restarting FreePBX.

It is important that I mention that this never happened to me when installing and setting up the other PBX packages. And that I have tried both static and dynamic IP.

Any assistance and/or suggestions ould be greatly appreciated.

Question. Will I be able to use my X100P PCI card with FreePBX or am I simply wasting my time?

Thank You. Peter

FreePBX has nothing to do with the x100p card, that is an Asterisk issue.

On that note, none of the current versions support the card, it has not been supported for several years. It is not really even a voice card, just a modified modem. They are very cheap and have quality issues.

You did not tell us how you installed FreePBX and what version.

Lastly, keep in mind all of the other distro’s you mentioned include FreePBX and Asterisk. trixbox has not been updated or supported in years.

PBX in a Flash and the FreePBX official distro are the two most active and current projects.

Thank you for the prompt reply. As far as the install goes, burn distro to cd and install to PC that I have dediccated to FreePBX.

Version info here:

When running dmesg | more I see that the X100P card is recognized:

I realize that the X100P is not a high-end card, but I am just getting started with little home based PBX with one POTS. I thought it might be a good way to learn. I know for a fact that it was functioning properly within Trixbox approx one and a half years ago. I assume that much has changed since. Do you have any suggestions for a compatible inexpensive card for the sake of learning.

I am also having difficulty creating a DAHDI trunk:

Here is what I see under DAHDI / Analog:

Your input and assistance is greatly appreciated.

The Openvox A400P is a support, inexpensive card. You can also play with a SIP trunk that cost pennies.

The DAHDI config module is an unsupported third party module. We suggest following the Digium DAHDI documentation and updating the configuration files directly.

Hello again SkykingOH. In your original reply you say:

On that note, none of the current versions support the card, it has not been supported for several years. It is not really even a voice card, just a modified modem. They are very cheap and have quality issues

Why is it that the product is still being marketed? In addition they describe it as being:

Compatible with Official DigiumTMAsterisk and All Asterisk-based distributions.
E.g. Trixbox, AsteriskNOW, FreePBX, Elastix, PBX in a Flash, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-X100P-SE-FXO-PCI-Digium-Asterisk-VoIP-PBX-/110814558068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd0ff774

Thank you

It’s marketed on eBay by a Hong Kong vendor, and it’s only $30!

Besides, it clearly states in the listing:

Zaptel has not been supported for over 2 years since the driver was switched to DAHDI.

If the a400p is two much get an SPA3102 for about $50, it has an FXO and an FXS port and does not require any drivers (it’s a SIP gateway).

One more item - You keep mentioning FreePBX but this is an Asterisk issue and has nothing to do with FreePBX. Another distro won’t change any of this.

If you are just insistent on using this card, do the following:

1 - Install CentOS
2 - Download Asterisk 1.4.26 or earlier from aserisk.org website
3 - Download last version of Zaptel drivers from asterisk.org website
4 - Download FreePBX 2.9 from freepbx.org

Install and configure these packages and you will have an Asterisk/FreePBX system that has the latest stable FreePBX and a stable version of Asterisk.

I may follow your last recommendation. re:

1 - Install CentOS
2 - Download Asterisk 1.4.26 or earlier from aserisk.org website
3 - Download last version of Zaptel drivers from asterisk.org website
4 - Download FreePBX 2.9 from freepbx.org

Thank you for all of your help. It has been greatly appreciated.

Peter