FreePBX /admin/config.php not allowing login

So the other day after an update of various modules in the GUI, I randomly can’t login to the admin panel.
It just goes in a loop to /admin/config.php#, UCP works, and various other portals. Just not admin.
Any thoughts?

Did you try to clear cache in your browser?

Yes, even used 3 different browsers and systems.

There is a ‘debugging’ option in most browsers (F12, I think) that might help shed some light on this.

We hear reports like this from time to time and it’s often a JavaScript problem, or a problem with the page not loading completely. Sometimes it’s an error in the PHP, but most of the time, it’s a problem with the data that, when combined with the code from FreePBX, yields a page that isn’t able to be rendered. Because of caching, however, it is likely that once you get to here, you’re going to not be able to escape with “hard reloading” the page (either by shutting down your browser and restarting or using the “force reload” option in your specific browser.

Well I have tried various browsers, systems, platforms. Nothing works. It doesn’t actually Loop, it just only shows that url when you click on the admin button.

Try a “display page source” in your browser.

Restating that it’s broke doesn’t help. You’re not giving us anything to work with. Without some kind of debugging, we aren’t going to able to help you solve the problem. There are thousands of users of this system that don’t see this problem, so it’s something specific to your installation. While it could be a systemic FreePBX problem, that likelihood is low - it’s probably something in your specific installation.

The JavaScript debugger should help you get a feel for what’s failing. There are also logs in the system that should be able to help you. Log into the console of the server as ‘root’ and look for the /var/log/httpd/error_log (or some derivative of that) and see what the server is saying about the webserver’s idea of the page. You might also need to check the /var/log/asterisk/full log to see if there’s a database or permissions issue that needs some attention.

There are literally a hundred things this could be, so we’re going to need to start helping us help you.

Sorry for being vague, but I have attached the log from /var/log/httpd/error_log.

Also /var/log/asterisk/full log only contained the info for my SIP trunk registrations.

The error is “client denied by server configuration”. This means that your server isn’t allowing the machine you are trying to connect with to access the page. Usually, this is done with IP address limits or password restrictions. Something in your configuration is disallowing you access to the admin page, hence the original problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.