I have 2.9 working without errors except for caller id superfecta. I can pull upa cnam if i do a test url in the browser, see in the logs that the path is off by one level missing the /html directory?!
Is my freePBX installed correctly for other modules to work if in /var/www/html/admin rather then /var/www/admin ?
It seems superfecta doesn’t like the path.
The requested URL /admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php was not found on this server.
Multiple changes made after re-reading your post and some further thinking…
In FreePBX, Settings, Caller ID Lookup Sources, Caller ID Superfecta (top right) make sure ‘cache results’ is DISABLED. Also on this screen is the URL to the Superfecta callerid.php file. It looks like your system is not typical, and the URL may need to be adjusted to suit your situation.
Navigate to the Asterisk Phonebook, FreePBX, Tools, Asterisk Phonebook, and go through the entries (if any) and check the names to see if there are any garbage or corrupted entries. Delete them if present.
cache results is off.
It looks like your system is not typical
that may be… for those installing asterisk from source and freepbx the “hard way” i believe everything was set where it should be. Most everything else works just fine, although this is the second module I’ve found that doesn’t like the extra folder in the path. Where are others installing freepbx on the file system when building their own? It the url can/should be adjusted, which file is that in?
No bad phonebook entries yet… hadn’t gotten to setting that piece up a whole lot.
If you go to: In FreePBX, Settings, Caller ID Lookup Sources, Caller ID Superfecta (top right)
You will see a field there called ‘Path’ where you have to have the path to the file named ‘callerid.php’ on your system. On a typical system this will be:
For Superfecta to work, the file ‘callerid.php’ must be accessible via http. On a properly working system, you can actually confirm Superfecta is working by browsing to the following URL:
substitute appropriate values in place of the < >'s
For your system, it looks to me like the entire FreePBX directory structure is not accessible via http, and as such may have issues with modules that require http access to work properly.
Also, if you are using a home rolled system, you also need to be aware of superfecta dependencies:
edit Thinking further, this may be an Apache config issue. The document root for the default www server on your pbx should be:
and the FreePBX admin folder should be in the www document root:
You will see a field there called ‘Path’ where you have to have the path to the file named ‘callerid.php’ on your system
yah i had seen that and actually editied and added /html, but when i tried it and observed the CLI logging, it appeared that no callerid lookups were occurring anymore, so i put it back.
On a properly working system, you can actually confirm Superfecta is working by browsing to the following URL
As noted above, i did this and confirmed it works just fine provided that i add the /html piece to the path.
For your system, it looks to me like the entire FreePBX directory structure is not accessible via http
no so… other aspects of freePBX work perfectly.
Thinking further, this may be an Apache config issue. The document root for the default www server on your pbx should be /var/www/html
well that would certainly fix this, but i don’t believe that should be neccessary as it shouldn’t be assumed that freepbx is the only thing apache exists for on a server. I can understand for those using a dedicated box to run this, that that may be ok, but am seeking two things to resolve this i believe:
- validation from others that my install scenario is reasonable for general freepbx use
- what additional configuration or script editing of superfecta might help resolve this. if in fact this is an isolated issue with superfecta, then which file has the path that needs to be edited?
thank you for your help!
I probably have not been very helpful, mostly because my knowledge of FreePBX is entirely from Distro’s, I am pretty clueless when it comes to building from scratch.
That said, I am pretty sure this will work for you since you are able to get a CNAM manually from a browser via the the URL. You just need to break up the working URL and properly fill out the fields in the ‘Caller ID Lookup Sources’ module. If the following URL works manually from a browser:
Then the Caller ID lookup source fields should be populated as follows:
Source Description: Caller ID Superfecta
Source Type: HTTP
Cache Results: unchecked
I assume that localhost is reachable from your PBX, you could substitute 127.0.0.1 to see if that is the issue. The only settings above that are Superfecta dependant are the first three and the Query, the remaining are system specific. Everything is case sensitive. The only other thing I can think of would be permissions or firewall setting that would prevent the PBX from accessing http resources on localhost, I will leave that to you to determine. I repeat also the possibility that you are missing a necessary dependency.