FreePBX 15.0 adding TFTP port to Firewall

Experts,

where can I add 69 UDP port in freepbx? My dashboard shows Firewall configuration is ok but when I do
firewall-cmd --state
not running

Should I start manually from cmd and add it manually from CMD?

Thank you

That’s like a three-layer question.

1. Port 69 is added to the Firewall through the Firewall Services page. Add a custom one if there’s not one already configured.
  2. If you firewall isn’t running, you need to configure it through the Firewall setup.
  3. You also need to start tftpd (which is disabled by default). You can do this easily thought the system management module, or you can do it by hand if you don’t have the module through the inetd.d config files.

Of course, do not expose your TFTP port to the world. If you are going to use TFTP, make sure you only open it up to local machines. Having it open outside the local network opens your machine up to massive toll fraud.

Thank you Dave for quick response. I am setting it up only for internal use.

2.If you firewall isn’t running, you need to configure it through the Firewall setup. - hmmm I see under Connectivity Responsive Firewall and its on.

When I do systemctl status firewalld from command line ot was showing not running so I have start it. I am not sure if I should touch it from cmd or just from GUI. Now from cmd I have:

[root@MainPBX ~]# systemctl status firewalld
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2020-04-27 17:19:05 CDT; 11min ago
Docs: man:firewalld(1)
Process: 30401 ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 27536 (firewalld)
CGroup: /system.slice/firewalld.service
└─27536 /usr/bin/python -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid

Apr 27 17:19:05 MainPBX systemd[1]: Starting firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon…
Apr 27 17:19:05 MainPBX systemd[1]: Started firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon.
Apr 27 17:27:02 MainPBX systemd[1]: Reloading firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon.
Apr 27 17:27:02 MainPBX systemd[1]: Reloaded firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.