I’m finding that my user list is empty and so is my group list. I’m seeing, “no matching records found” The add button is no longer there so i’m assuming the user list shows all the AD users in the base DN?
My base DN is a little longer than what is listed in the wiki page:
Not sure what i’m doing wrong. This feature has been on the top of my wish list so we are excited to try it out and try and help contribute to it’s development.
There was actually a bug that required you submit the page twice before it sync’d just fixed that now. I’ve also added a new configuration field to define the name of an attribute from Active Directory that will link the user to an extension in freepbx (“Link Extension”).
I’m actually at the point where-as if you added a user into Active Directory, set an attribute with an extension, sync’d, FreePBX would then add the extension… automatically. I haven’t completed it yet because there are about a thousand different attributes for the extension so not sure what the typical defaults are or would be for something like that. Or if user manager should do it or not
Having some trouble actually logging in as an AD user.
Visited the UCP on my VM and tried logging in with my AD user name and password but wasn’t able to login.
Selected a user, clicked on edit and the UCP tab, allowed login currently set to inherit (inherit from what) changed to yes and clicked “Submit and send update” No email was sent and the field i changed previously reverted to the original state.
Repeated the change but this time i hit “Submit” Now the apply button lit up. I hit that and tried the UCP login again. It still failed.
I found the user in the user list of user-manager, click the check box by the name and hit send email. This time an email came showing the user name as the Display Name of the user rather than his ad login name.
Congratulations! Your FreePBX account has been created! You can now use the
Username: Firstname Lastname
Password: Obfuscated. To reset use the reset link in this email
To login to the following services:
User Control Panel: http://10.211.55.3:81
Password Reset Link (Valid Until: 05:11:51 PM):
I tried logging in with the user name Firstname Lastname and the actual AD username firstname.lastname
neither of which worked.
It appears to have been enabled when i loaded the disto. Disabled restsapps and restapi and tried updating the groups again. This time it appears to have taken.
Enabled UCP in the groups that the user is a member of and tried logging again but still getting “Invalid Login Credentials” tried with both the ad user name “first.last” and the login name listed in the User Manager “First Last”
There is no audit log. It seems as though your CN has been setup to use Display Names instead of what I am used to (which is usernames). I will have to use samaccountname instead moving forward to fix it for you
The login is working great now. It’s using the actual SAM login name and we’ve been able to login now. I’m seeing that none of the groups are populating now (where previously they did). Not that big of a deal but it doesn’t give the option to create our own groups when using AD auth and setting permissions per user one at a time could be time consuming.
Just reloaded a fresh ISO of the 13.0.1RC1.4
The first thing i did was reconnect to AD. All of my users populated but none of the groups did. Rebuilt a few times and had the same result.
If i clicked on a users details their group membership is empty.