I have FreePBX 12.0.4, last updated this morning (GMT). I have email update notifications configured and working. (my system is installed from the distro two months or so ago, then updated to v12 at the time of -rc25 or so; at the time of previous stable I also kept it always up to date.)
However it looks by the behavior of it, like the code checking for updates and sending me emails, and the code checking for updates and showing it in System Status, and the code checking for updates in Module Admin, on button-press request, are sometimes getting out of sync, getting different results depending on where or when they are called…
Here is what I see happening:
This morning, I performed an update due to being advised by email of previous day / weekend.
System Status pointed to update framework, broadcast, and restapps, these were present in Module Admin as well (I have all but Unsupported update channels selected); in case of the broadcast, I actually uninstalled it and removed from disk, then hit ‘reload config’. All seemed to be well, and only restapps remained a warning (OT, see below *).
Then a good hour after that (so it could NOT have been just an email that got delayed) I got an email from my pbx, alerting me of available updates.
So I went to check on System Status, that got a yellow warning on, showing me 3 modules have versions available for update. The very 3 modules I have just (an hour ago) ‘updated’ already.
But when I went into Module admin, and I pressed ‘check online’, this only yielded one (restapps (OT see below *) ).
Then I went back into System Status which now showed me just one warning (about restapps (OT see below *)).
But this behavior dates to the time I jumped from previous stable on to -rc (I think it was -rc25 back then). OK I thought, it was beta then, I know it’s a lot of churn, I’ll give it some slack etc.
There were other ‘interesting’ combinations of the above behavior by the time of beta, but the above is what I just experienced.
Hope this helps.
( * restapps is installed (and inactive) but apparently I cannot update nor remove it - because it requires endpoint, which is not present on my system; at the time of some-beta rc, i tried to install endpoint only to uninstall restapps then uninstall entpoint, but somehow that did not work out, and I was left without endpoint but /with/ restapps still installed… I’d have to repeat this to report exactly but this is total OT for this report - will follow on with this some time when I attempt to do that again)